The New Tone Thread

Awesome. Good band. They sometimes have some complex harmonies. Good luck with that.

Yeah, I love BR. They came over last week for some wine and we were discussing music off surfing videos in the early 90s so were watching lot of BR videos.

We're going to kick off with Along The Way 'cos I think that last tone I posted might work quite well, the drums should be easy to sort in EZD and IIRC is just a double tracked vocal with no harmonies. I also like the lyrics and it was always my favourite track off the 80-85 compilation.

EDIT: TBH, the tone/recording of the original of Along The Way is pretty ropey so, aside from the vocal, I should be able to make a decent fist of it.

Good comparison MM.
Classic rock tones from a guitar and amp - just like they used to do (&still do).

Yeah, I love BR. They came over last week for some wine and we were discussing music off surfing videos in the early 90s so were watching lot of BR videos.

We're going to kick off with Along The Way 'cos I think that last tone I posted might work quite well, the drums should be easy to sort in EZD and IIRC is just a double tracked vocal with no harmonies. I also like the lyrics and it was always my favourite track off the 80-85 compilation.

EDIT: TBH, the tone/recording of the original of Along The Way is pretty ropey so, aside from the vocal, I should be able to make a decent fist of it.

Yup, good song. That band has really come a long way without losing much of their edge. I like their modern stuff as much as the old.

Yup, good song. That band has really come a long way without losing much of their edge. I like their modern stuff as much as the old.

Yeah, GG is a fucking dude. I even like his acoustic shit. I know you don't like acoustic but you can probably spare 5 mins to check him out doing Sorrow acoustic on YouTube.

I've even found you the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR_P-vpNOuY

And we've finally found a band that we agree on (other than Motorhead).

So I got a video into Reaper finally. I had to download some VLC whatever the fuck thing. The audio shows up, but the video screen just freezes. I keep telling myself to not bother with this shit, but I can't seem to leave well enough alone.

So I got a video into Reaper finally. I had to download some VLC whatever the fuck thing. The audio shows up, but the video screen just freezes. I keep telling myself to not bother with this shit, but I can't seem to leave well enough alone.
I wanna see the cover of 'Drag Race' animated.

I wanna see the cover of 'Drag Race' animated.
Haha, no. :D

I entered Mesa's 'win an amp' contest.
here's what I 'designed'.

My dream Mesa/Boogie | Sweetwater.com

Awesome!

I just did one too.

454663.jpg

Greg I could only get Reaper to recognize an MP4 file (I have 2 little cheap cameras, & they record to MTS files). So I found a freebie converter to fix that problem. But, I think that may be part of my problem too, as it seems to degrade the video quality...

I had to have my ASIO sample jacked all the way up as high as it'd go (mine goes to 1024 IIRC), & it still stuttered at times....

Sorry I'm no help, maybe Tadpui or someone else will show up to help you with it....

I picked that same amp as well, the Mk V 35. I did mine in crimson flamed maple and gold piping. It's ugly as sin but would be pretty sweet nonetheless.

I'll try to catch up on tones tonight. Im starting to feel human again after this past week with one slobber knocker of a cold/flu/whatever. Today's featured symptom is a major sinus headache. So I may be able to tolerate some tones and videos at moderate volumes later.

That's way cool!

Isn't that the Mark V 35?

I find it interesting that you would go for one of their lower powered amps.
For recording purposes?

No not necessarily. Yeah it's a Mark V 35. I could probably gig with that sometimes. I just don't like the Dual/Triple Recs or the Roadster/Roadstar nu-metal things, and it had to be a head, and I know the Mark V sounds good, and I know it has "EL" tubes, so it seemed like the best option for me. It would be cool to get for free. And I made it in Saints colors. :D

---------- Update ----------

Greg I could only get Reaper to recognize an MP4 file (I have 2 little cheap cameras, & they record to MTS files). So I found a freebie converter to fix that problem. But, I think that may be part of my problem too, as it seems to degrade the video quality...

I had to have my ASIO sample jacked all the way up as high as it'd go (mine goes to 1024 IIRC), & it still stuttered at times....

Sorry I'm no help, maybe Tadpui or someone else will show up to help you with it....

No I really am done. Lol. Fuck this stupid shit.

Ok, I think I've got this video shit figured out. I downloaded the trial version of Sony Movie Studio & was able to get my head around it. I think this one turned out way better than the others I've posted....I've figured out that Reaper, while it does have video capability, basically sucks at it. Anyway, here's the new vid lemme know what you guys think....

This will probably be my last video for a while though, it's kinda like learning a new daw in a way, plus the ugliest guy on the planet shouldn't be showing his mug this much either....:laughings:.

Ok, I think I've got this video shit figured out. I downloaded the trial version of Sony Movie Studio & was able to get my head around it. I think this one turned out way better than the others I've posted....I've figured out that Reaper, while it does have video capability, basically sucks at it. Anyway, here's the new vid lemme know what you guys think....

This will probably be my last video for a while though, it's kinda like learning a new daw in a way, plus the ugliest guy on the planet shouldn't be showing his mug this much either....:laughings:.

Bit easier with a real video program ain't it Miner! :thumbs up:

Back