juice

Ha ... well, YOUR version of Beck ... which makes it unique. No. I found the whole thing cohesive and enjoyable.

Thanks again. :) To be clear, by my previous comments I didn't mean to imply that I could sound like Beck even if I wanted to. I couldn't. Any time I start to think like that (which I have at times I admit), all I have to do is listen to pretty much any commercially produced track and I am immediately humbled.

I just don't want to sound like some guy trying to sound like some other guy, so comments like unique or whatever work for me. :)

Nah, people will say "Beck" any time they hear a Cock Asian "rapping". That's where the similarity ends. :)

All this time I've been spelling my racial classification incorrectly. Thanks for that!

Next time Beck wins a Grammy, Kanye's going to storm the stage again shouting that Ape Teeth were robbed :p

I've got no speakers to listen to your update currently Pete, but I'll check it out when I do!

I think I'll have to cover a Beyonce tune or two first to be sure I get on his good side?

I was not aware that I had it going on. I won't lie though, it feels pretty good. :)

That might have been a good move right there extending the first chorus. I wonder if I should've waited a little longer for it to kick in too? I dunno, the arrangement feels kind of rushed, but even at just 2.5 mins, I didn't want to give people a chance to get bored. :)

The chorus came in at the perfect time Pete. IMHO the timing and tunefulness is perfect for the highpoint of a Hollywood movie.
Like everyone in the cast is now high on something, dancing and making fools of themselves in slow motion while this tune commands the scene.

Not a boring moment at all.

The feel is nice & loose. Not rushed at all.

Listening objectively, you provide the catch 3 times in the whole song. That's not a rule. It just magnifies and identifies the part.

I think the current arrangement would work great for film.
For an audio CD version, it would be cool to hear "The whole world..." line one more time after it comes in , do that cool resolve/break and then back into the verse>Chorus and then the solo.

My main point is that I enjoyed the chorus the first time I heard it. So the first time was enough to impress it upon my mind.
A second times gives me (the listener) a chance to say: " Yeah, I'm diggin' in this...

It would still work well if you kept it the same length also. Just maybe bring it back sooner 'cos it's an enjoyable section of the song.
In that case, you could switch the solo/interlude and second verse/chorus body around.
Then the solo/interlude comes in after AFTER doing the shorter chorus twice.
Then your golden. This song flows so effortlessly you could blend right back into a reprise of the third chorus.
And fade or end with the resolve you do after the first chorus end.

But it's not my place to re-arrange your song. This tune is cool throughout so you can do whatever you please and I'll still have it in my head.

As regards the mix:

The music was the first command of attention so I will actually have to go back and scrutinize for flaws.
Based on that I would rate it so far as an acceptable demo recording/mix.

Last edited:
About the matter of the bass and vocals during the last verse; I pledge that it sounds great out there all by its naked self. No worries. As happened with Rami's tunes, I have become myopic to your tunes. I really enjoy listening so much that I can't hear any problems with the mix.

This song has got the Heat vibe going on, flowing out like juice through a hole punched in the bottom of a fruitcup can.

I can somehow see this in a Seth Rogen movie. [Edit: I see Rock Exotic was thinking the same thing]

About the matter of the bass and vocals during the last verse; I pledge that it sounds great out there all by its naked self. No worries. As happened with Rami's tunes, I have become myopic to your tunes. I really enjoy listening so much that I can't hear any problems with the mix.

You just said something really important.

I can somehow see this in a Seth Rogen movie.

Yes! Exactly. I thought is was just me! That level of status and style of a movie.
I see Jonah Hill, Seth and everyone else reveling to the Juice.

I told ya you have it goin' on Pete.
A pro mix and it's on.

Last edited:
That's going on the playlist man. Love it!
Reminds me of when everyone listened to Cypress Hill, but in a good way. That laid back vibe.
Thanks Heat! :)

Fantastic! I love it! Great samples, great lyrics, great falsetto, great everything. This is up there with your best, Pete!

Nice, cool creative. I like the GW Bush cameo! I have nothing to say about the mix the song's just nice.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

This song has got the Heat vibe going on, flowing out like juice through a hole punched in the bottom of a fruitcup can.

Oh good. I'm relieved that the bass & vocal bit sounds ok. Thanks for that chili.

So what you're saying is that at this point, my mixes could have loads of problems, but you wouldn't notice them...thanks!

Nah, thanks again man. I appreciate that you listened and took the time to comment. I have been very happily surprised by the reaction to this one. :)

The chorus came in at the perfect time Pete. IMHO the timing and tunefulness is perfect for the highpoint of a Hollywood movie.
Like everyone in the cast is now high on something, dancing and making fools of themselves in slow motion while this tune commands the scene.

Not a boring moment at all.

The feel is nice & loose. Not rushed at all.

Listening objectively, you provide the catch 3 times in the whole song. That's not a rule. It just magnifies and identifies the part.

I think the current arrangement would work great for film.
For an audio CD version, it would be cool to hear "The whole world..." line one more time after it comes in , do that cool resolve/break and then back into the verse>Chorus and then the solo.

My main point is that I enjoyed the chorus the first time I heard it. So the first time was enough to impress it upon my mind.
A second times gives me (the listener) a chance to say: " Yeah, I'm diggin' in this...

It would still work well if you kept it the same length also. Just maybe bring it back sooner 'cos it's an enjoyable section of the song.
In that case, you could switch the solo/interlude and second verse/chorus body around.
Then the solo/interlude comes in after AFTER doing the shorter chorus twice.
Then your golden. This song flows so effortlessly you could blend right back into a reprise of the third chorus.
And fade or end with the resolve you do after the first chorus end.

But it's not my place to re-arrange your song. This tune is cool throughout so you can do whatever you please and I'll still have it in my head.

As regards the mix:

The music was the first command of attention so I will actually have to go back and scrutinize for flaws.
Based on that I would rate it so far as an acceptable demo recording/mix.

Acceptable! Yay! :)

No, actually that was perhaps the most in depth commentary on any track of mine ever, so thank you very much for that. I like your arrangement ideas to the extent that I followed them. I tried to hear in my head what each of your suggestions might sound like and I can see plusses for each of them.

This was really put together without forethought and sort of assembled on the fly. I use a standalone mutlitracker, so things like taking an entire chorus and just copying it or moving it around is not an easy thing. I've tried it before just eyeballing it and cutting and pasting, but it always sounds obviously edited. I could just start over, but I don't think I have the will for that at this stage.

When Hollywood or a record company comes a callin' though, I will slice the fuck out of this thing if they want. Hell, I'll add a 10 minute yodel jam in the middle if that's what it takes. :)

For now, I am happy to leave 'em wanting more as it were, especially since my tracks normally draw the, "Didn't seem as long as it was" comments, or, "Maybe too long for what it is..." stuff. I was nice to force myself to try to be economical for once.

Yes! Exactly. I thought is was just me! That level of status and style of a movie.
I see Jonah Hill, Seth and everyone else reveling to the Juice.

I told ya you have it goin' on Pete.
A pro mix and it's on.

Will James Franco and Michael Cera be there too? If so, I am totally in. I see them jumping for joy in slo mo because they just scored a huge bag of weed while this song is playing. It could totally work. :)

There will be no pro mix though. I'm just trying to get it to sound as good as I can.

Thanks again dude.

...everyone listened to Cypress Hill, but in a good way.

There is no other way for me to take that. I love me some cypress hill! Thanks for the good word Steen. :)

Fantastic! I love it! Great samples, great lyrics, great falsetto, great everything. This is up there with your best, Pete!

Awesome! Thanks propster. Glad you got a chance to hear it.

This is truly great. And very weird. I don't think Bush clips are cliche (anymore!)

Hopefully you're right. What was cliché in say...1994 or something may have come back around again. I'll take weird. Thanks for listening and commenting Jessica. :)

Will James Franco and Michael Cera be there too? If so, I am totally in. I see them jumping for joy in slo mo because they just scored a huge bag of weed while this song is playing. It could totally work. :)

There will be no pro mix though. I'm just trying to get it to sound as good as I can.

Thanks again dude.
LOL, I see Seth Rogen fumbling down the streets of LA in a business suit that doesn't fit, briefcase popping open and his pants falling down at the same time. He just stands there and pushes his glasses back up his nose. Your song playing.

LOL, I see Seth Rogen fumbling down the streets of LA in a business suit that doesn't fit, briefcase popping open and his pants falling down at the same time. He just stands there and pushes his glasses back up his nose. Your song playing.

Ha! That works too... :)

Hey chili (or any other mod that might read this) - any chance of a link to the 2nd mix from post#26 being added to the first post? I'm not sure how many more listens I can squeeze out of this thing, but I'm more interested in feedback on mix two, and I can no longer edit the OP and I think the 2nd mix is now hard to find....no big deal, but if it can be done, cool. :)

Hey Heat,

You might have answered this somewhere in the thread but I don't see it.

Are those drums a loop? Real drums? I can almost jerk off to that drum track, man. It's like butter.

Back