"Spirit" Progressive Guitar Metal Hard Rock Fusion track

Real tight doubled parts. Good playing all around.

I'm not a huge fan of the genre. But the guitar sounds all seemed to work well for the type of mix you're going for.

Drums weren't horrible. Real drums would be cool.

Really great playing. To me the drums are a little too loud and need something to make them a little smoother. They sound very mechanical.

Nice guitar.

For nits I think the stereo placement of the guitars is a bit static for the style, and the guitars on the side come to the front too often or are just too "always there".

The hi-hat sounds really sizzly. It also seems to be jumping from the middle to the left at the beginning.. The drums sound very, very stiff. Didn't like that at all.

Your guitar stuff is great. I wish I could play a part twice so tight :P
I also like that you didn't go with a super modern tone. It has some of the "quack" of the 80s metal and isn't too brootahl.

I understand that you were probably concentrating on the guitars since they are the defining instrument of the song but you can't undersell the rhythm section.

Hello there,

Don't be too hard on my English, please.

@TripleM
Real tight doubled parts. Good playing all around.
thank you
Real drums would be cool.
yesssss! MY Drummer in the band unfortunately, never has time! ;)

@Foul Phil, yes the Drums, now I will make one mix from different drums for example AD, Su2, and perhaps Steven Slate....

@ Tobe, Maybe I have to do the Rht. gits panning more extremely , thanks for listening

@Schwarzenyaeger, Yes, I will work with the drums. I have recorded with the Vox HW 1x
this is a beast one must work every tone, its no Boogie oder 5150
it is more difficult to play, but i try it, thanks for listening

Pretty good. Nice playing, I listened after the edit. Everything sounded pretty balanced to me.

Nice stuff.

Hello there,

Don't be too hard on my English, please.

@TripleM
thank you
yesssss! MY Drummer in the band unfortunately, never has time! ;)

@Foul Phil, yes the Drums, now I will make one mix from different drums for example AD, Su2, and perhaps Steven Slate....

@ Tobe, Maybe I have to do the Rht. gits panning more extremely , thanks for listening

@Schwarzenyaeger, Yes, I will work with the drums. I have recorded with the Vox HW 1x
this is a beast one must work every tone, its no Boogie oder 5150
it is more difficult to play, but i try it, thanks for listening

What kind of amp is that?

Couldn't find it with a quick search.
Whatever it was, you made it sound good!

Love me some prog! Great playing, but what in the world is the DJ FlyOnTheWall thing going on from 2:45 on? It needs a little more body.

Also, around 3:08, I could definitely hear some bell ringing under that lead...

Great guitar work. It's a bit too syncopated for my tastes but I really appreciate the level of technical difficulty this style encompasses. I agree that the drums sound sterile.
It's a great guitar tour de force by any measurment. Good job.

@DM60

Pretty good. Nice playing, I listened after the edit. Everything sounded pretty balanced to me.

Nice stuff.
thanks a lot maybe you have a listen after the edit

@Broken-H
Also, around 3:08, I could definitely hear some bell ringing under that lead...
puh the man has very good ears it's true there are from .3:08.. so little topsy Bells ! A truly bad idea that comes off!"!!

@Schwarzenyaeger,
What kind of amp is that?

Couldn't find it with a quick search.
Whatever it was, you made it sound good!

Vox: AC Handwired

It`s an Vox AC 15 HW1X really not a metal amp but the thing has a thick sound and live sets in a band by itself! I wanted to try the sound times, and I like it actually.

@HugoRibeiro.Com thanks yeah prog rules, perhaps I need your Drums in the future

@ jimistone
I agree that the drums sound sterile
I work on it and i will start to mix the VSTS, thanks for listening,I was very pleased!

@Broken-H puh the man has very good ears it's true there are from .3:08.. so little topsy Bells ! A truly bad idea that comes off!"!!

lol, man subtle is the name of this game at times. People hide cat meows, and birds and toy piano in behind the big sounds to do that little emotion push. If it works, don't fix it. If it sounds good, it is good...whatever drives your audience.

Back