Mix a rock song with blues theme...?

OK, I did forget to place shit back in order after setting up for recording the live drum track..

Here is the latest...

Attachments

• Everyday R3 live drums.mp3
    6.4 MB · Views: 42
Well that's a cool song. :)

Jimmy, I thought there was a lot of collisions in the upper mids. can't put my finger on the freq, but somewhere around 1k - 2k(??) Might be an artifact from the limiter-processing. Other than that, it sounds great. Love the verb on the drums. Subtle yet distinct.

OK, I did forget to place shit back in order after setting up for recording the live drum track..

Here is the latest...

Hi.

2 things:

- The guitars are more centered then they was on earliyer version.
- Something has happended to the voice regard pich. Its out of tune on some spots.

-einar-

Ps: Im totally content with earlyer version....:listeningmusic:

Einar, I had one more go at this since it`s a Holiday today, I tried to get more Separation, while still keeping that Dirty Feel to it. Also cleaned the vocals a bit, but not so much as to lose that beautiful Chris Cornell Tone and Quality to you voice, like everyone else has done by cleaning off that rasp.

Attachments

• Everyday- Alkies Seperation Dirty Mix.mp3
    6.3 MB · Views: 8
Einar, I had one more go at this since it`s a Holiday today, I tried to get more Separation, while still keeping that Dirty Feel to it. Also cleaned the vocals a bit, but not so much as to lose that beautiful Chris Cornell Tone and Quality to you voice, like everyone else has done by cleaning off that rasp.

Hi.

Thanks. It gets a bit to dirty for my taste, and the kick is to dominant.
But anyway, thanks for taking the time. Its always cool to hear some other approach.

-einar-

Man, I can't get this tune out of my head. Anything you wish to be different in my mix? I feel the need to make this perfect. The song just keeps poking at me.

You really should make a video for it and post on Youtube. I would be surprised if it didn't make you a few bucks.

View attachment 85400
Hi, sorry.
Hope now link is working.

Regards.

Nice man!

I must say it is easy to work with tracks that are played well and sound good to begin with.

We all have a different aspect as to what sounds good and do things differently in regards to that. Your mix sounds great to me, though I like mine better. lol. I am not even quite happy with mine.

Back