Been awhile

Simman

Haven't posted here in awhile so I thought I'd put something up here and get some of your valued feedback. Song title is So Easy by Cristina Vane

Thanks

The instruments sounds really good. The vocal doesn't seem to have many technical problems, but it seems a bit lifeless. I think a few more passes or a few more practice sessions with the song would help. I'd rerecord it and try to get a take with more feeling. Maybe get a few takes and comp the m together. I also think the vocal could use a bit more compression and verb/delay. Overall it's good, but the vocal sounds like the singer is nervous and I'm sure with a better take you could easily make this sound pro.

Haven't posted here in awhile so I thought I'd put something up here and get some of your valued feedback. Song title is So Easy by Cristina Vane

Thanks

Thanks for litening and taking the time to provide the feedback it is greatly appreciated. I do think you are spot on about the vocal performance and feel. Unfortuately, I didn't track the song, merely mixed so I'm really kind of stuck with what I got. I did mess with various effets on the vocal tracks but didn't hit on anything I thought provided great improvement.

Thanks again for your comments.

Love the organ sound, percussion, bass. Awesome mix. Very dynamic and open. Pretty voice but maybe not too much expression. Guitar sounds pretty cheesy to me, but of course that's taste. If you're just mixing, not sure what you can do about any of this.

The snare's pretty lifeless. I'd definitely try use a sample on that one if you have the time.

Love the organ sound, percussion, bass. Awesome mix. Very dynamic and open. Pretty voice but maybe not too much expression. Guitar sounds pretty cheesy to me, but of course that's taste. If you're just mixing, not sure what you can do about any of this.

The snare's pretty lifeless. I'd definitely try use a sample on that one if you have the time.

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment really appreciate it. I tried to keep the mix very open and not smash anything since I felt that the dynamics between the drums, bass and keys really helped make up for the performance issues with the vocals.

Last edited:
Back