send effects Tascam dp24

Skipper3!

I cant for the life of me figure out how the send effects works. Guitar and dynamic effects works fine. All I want to do is put Reverb on vocal tracks! Im missing something in the activation process.
Help!

I cant for the life of me figure out how the send effects works. Guitar and dynamic effects works fine. All I want to do is put Reverb on vocal tracks! Im missing something in the activation process.
Help!

I don't know to much of the DP-24 but on the 2488NEO the it called "single" mode and it acts just like an analog send/return effect that you can put as much as are less (or none) on any TK you want it on.MULTI,MIC and SINGLE mode is the choice on the 2488NEO.....hope this helps :)

One thing i do know, is that you have to turn the master 1 and 2 send effects on the mixer up pretty high, even up to 127, then use the send 1 and 2 to achieve the desired amount.
But obviously click the effect button first to turn on the reverb.
How this helps.

Help!

Have you figured it out yet skipper??

send efects

One thing i do know, is that you have to turn the master 1 and 2 send effects on the mixer up pretty high, even up to 127, then use the send 1 and 2 to achieve the desired amount.
But obviously click the effect button first to turn on the reverb.
How this helps.
Sorry for taking so long to get back. Been out of town.
Thanks for your help with my send effects problem. I wasnt tuning up the master high enough.
Now I put the reverb on my vocal track and it leaks into my guitar track and click track, even though ive only selected the vocal track!
Any ideas?
thanks again, Skipper3!

Go into the mixer, select each one of those tracks, and turn the effect off ... the same place you adjusted the send level ... the choices are PRE, POST, OFF. FYI ... in a digital system there is no "leak" or bleed (although sometimes you can get headphone bleed without realizing it, but that's another issue altogether.

Sorry for taking so long to get back. Been out of town.
Thanks for your help with my send effects problem. I wasnt tuning up the master high enough.
Now I put the reverb on my vocal track and it leaks into my guitar track and click track, even though ive only selected the vocal track!
Any ideas?
thanks again, Skipper3!

Go into the mixer, select each one of those tracks, and turn the effect off ... the same place you adjusted the send level ... the choices are PRE, POST, OFF. FYI ... in a digital system there is no "leak" or bleed (although sometimes you can get headphone bleed without realizing it, but that's another issue altogether.

Rusty Axe,
Thanks for the guidence. You solved the problem. I think im finally seeing the whole effects picture.
Thanks Again,
Skipper3!

Erasing a song

Rusty Axe,
Thanks for the guidence. You solved the problem. I think im finally seeing the whole effects picture.
Thanks Again,
Skipper3!
Im trying to erase a song and get the message 'cant erase current'
Any ideas what this mean's. the book doesn't list this message

cant erase current
you can't delete the song you have currently loaded into the machine. load another song (or create a new empty one if needed, then load that) and then try to erase the other song again

more effects problems

you can't delete the song you have currently loaded into the machine. load another song (or create a new empty one if needed, then load that) and then try to erase the other song again
When I put guitar effect "chorus" on track 3 and then try to put "tremelo" on track 4 I get "chorus" on track 4. How do you make one effect stick so you can move on to another?
Skipper3!

that's what the 'bounce' technique is used for - to print your track, together with its effect, onto another track. it would be wise to keep a backup of the original raw track elsewhere, just in case

that's what the 'bounce' technique is used for - to print your track, together with its effect, onto another track. it would be wise to keep a backup of the original raw track elsewhere, just in case

I dont want to bounce that track to another. I want to put one effect on one track and another on a different track.

ok so how many effects do you have? just the single internal one? or do you have an external unit hooked up to fx2?

if you only have the single internal effector, you'll have to print one effect in order to use another one - it only does one effect at a time, you can't tell it to be a reverb on tracks 3 and 4 but be a chorus on 9 and 10

I dont want to bounce that track to another. I want to put one effect on one track and another on a different track.
Actually, that's what you'll have to do. Only one send effect can be active at a time. So record your tremolo track and bounce it to an empty track. Then reset the EFFECTS to your chorus and record that track, bounce it to another unused track. When you mix, you'll use the bounced tracks (the effects will have been recorded to the track). As was said, your original tracks will remain and if you want to tweak the FX you can simply bounce them again with the desired effect.

one other thing that could work: record just the reverb itself of the vocals onto another spare paired track - just the effect only, no dry signal (you might have to do a mixdown of just the reverb, then export that stereo track and import it as a regular track) - then just feed as much of the recorded reverb into the mix as you need.

this would suffice as long as you have already perfected your vocal mix and you never touch the vocal tracks again after. if you change the vocal mix, you'll need to make up a new reverb track to match it.

it's more of a workaround than a solution, but doing it this way leaves your effector free to use for chorus, and it means you still keep your unadulterated vocal tracks without reverb printed on them. all for the cost of one stereo paired track to put the reverb onto, and a few extra minutes of mucking around

might be worth a try, anyway.

I don't know to much of the DP-24 but on the 2488NEO the it called "single" mode and it acts just like an analog send/return effect that you can put as much as are less (or none) on any TK you want it on.MULTI,MIC and SINGLE mode is the choice on the 2488NEO.....hope this helps :thumbs up:

Back