Is this possible?

I'm not too sure about this looked at it a while back when it first appeared on ebay.
Not too sure what they have done with the back (ribbon simulator) capsule it just seems to me they have EQ'd biased (not sure that's the correct term) it. It does not sound like a ribbon to me the transients response is not the same.
I'd rather use my real ribbon (cheap and chearful chinese) than this.
Heres the you tube video Kam did to demonstrate it. Btw I am not convinced by the geeky glasses and look the guys portray lol. The front side sounded best on the amp imho.
just my two pence.!
KAM 2-face Condenser/Ribbon Simulator Microphone - YouTube

Google up *Recording tools* they have some really cool microphones that just came out that suppose to sound very good and are cheap too!

you might have to provide a link here if possible moresound as googling recording tools this side of the pond comes up with nothing close to microphone. Thanks

I got there in the end Henry. It turns out its my browser (aol). Looks like it's great value. I'd like to see more details of the response curves etc. I'll see what i can find thanks.

And when you do the conversion the price is dang low!

Holy shit! I didn't even see that it was $56 on ebay. Hell even for the $200 msrp that's incredible. I just listened to the "candy" ribbon mic they have on their website and again...holy shit!

Any more random/small microphone companies I should know about Henry? :laughings:

Without seeing the capsule and just guessing :D probably they extra-drilled a standard cardioid backplate until the holes were big enough that it became a fig-8, but because of the acoustic effect of the backplate it's not a symmetrical fig-8 (to do that, you need two identical backplates in a push-pull arrangement). So they went with marketing two different tones, which is clever enough I suppose.

Holy shit! I didn't even see that it was $56 on ebay. Hell even for the $200 msrp that's incredible. I just listened to the "candy" ribbon mic they have on their website and again...holy shit!

Any more random/small microphone companies I should know about Henry? :laughings:

Can't say enough about Naiant microphones yet MSH will say all of the cool people are checking out the shotgun shell microphones LQQK HERE they have a green one that is a condenser and a red one that is a dynamic.

Without seeing the capsule and just guessing :D probably they extra-drilled a standard cardioid backplate until the holes were big enough that it became a fig-8, but because of the acoustic effect of the backplate it's not a symmetrical fig-8 (to do that, you need two identical backplates in a push-pull arrangement). So they went with marketing two different tones, which is clever enough I suppose.

We are talking about the KAM microphone now right?

Liking this one HERE as well.

PRA 628 sounds pretty sweet. A blend of the ribbon, 57 and PRA 628 should sound good imo.
good price too.
Do you think its based on the sennhiesser E609 /906 type of thing?
I'm willing to bet they'de be hard to find in the UK though for a while. I'll hit it up and see if anyones selling them. Thanks

Back