Logic 9 Users: What are your Mac's specs?

BRX rad

Looking to upgrade from Garageband to Logic 9. I've been using Garageband for about 6 years now so I'm very comfortable with it, and from what I understand Logic, being an Apple product, has some of the same commands and features as Garageband so it shouldn't be too difficult to make the switch. I am ready for a more professional software than Garageband though, it's becoming too basic for me.

So I just wanted to know from those of you who use Logic, what are your Mac's specs (processor, ram, etc.)? I would like to see so I know if my Mac is going to be fast enough to run Logic while multitracking or not, and if I need to make any hardware upgrades, or even a computer upgrade.

Thanks.

Screen shot 2011-12-06 at 3.50.26 PM.png

That's a screenshot of my Mac's basic specs. Logic 9 runs just fine - I've recorded eight tracks at a time before and never had a problem. When I try to record 20 tracks at a time, I beach-ball for a few seconds, but then it starts recording all 20 tracks without any sort of error.

I'll admit it was a little rough when I was running on only one gig of ram. I got a lot of errors that stopped playback/recording, especially when I was using a lot of MIDI tracks. It's all fine now, though.

View attachment 68644

That's a screenshot of my Mac's basic specs. Logic 9 runs just fine - I've recorded eight tracks at a time before and never had a problem. When I try to record 20 tracks at a time, I beach-ball for a few seconds, but then it starts recording all 20 tracks without any sort of error.

I'll admit it was a little rough when I was running on only one gig of ram. I got a lot of errors that stopped playback/recording, especially when I was using a lot of MIDI tracks. It's all fine now, though.

Great, then I should be good. Mine is a 2.4 ghz with 4 gigs of ram, and I will be multitracking up to 8 tracks at a time, so I should be good. Thanks!

Back