CAD E100s

Anyone have any experience with these? I have a chance to pick up a matched pair for $450. Just need a little reassurance that these would make a good addition. I've been looking to find something to use as drum overheads, I've just been using sm57s with modest results. From prices new online a single one goes for anywhere from $450-500, so it would be a great deal getting them basically 2 for 1 if everything is in working order.

Opinions please.

It's not going to make a good overhead. It is a super-cardioid mic. I have the original one and it is painfully bright, very loud, and not the right pickup pattern for what you are trying to use it for.

thanks for the suggestion moresound, I think for $50 I'm just going to get a pair and give them a shot for overheads. I'm sure I'll get $50 of use out of them.

thanks for the suggestion moresound, I think for $50 I'm just going to get a pair and give them a shot for overheads. I'm sure I'll get $50 of use out of them.

You'll like them a lot, I'm sure Capt. Did you see all that he has to offer?

as for as microphones or the amps and capsules they offer? I've read great things from some of their older models as well.

Just saw there was a 10 day free trial period as too! Is that guy on the forums? Saw he had mentioned having a thread somewhere on here.

as for as microphones or the amps and capsules they offer? I've read great things from some of their older models as well.

Just saw there was a 10 day free trial period as too! Is that guy on the forums? Saw he had mentioned having a thread somewhere on here.

He is a retired moderator, user name MSHilarious.

Gotcha, Think I'm going to get a pair of the U-Ds and give them a go for overheads. Either way with a trial period and $50 that can't be beat if they're even a decent mic.

MSHiliarious was just talking with Michael Joly in the MXL 990 thread about a 1/2 hour ago.

I only come back to chat with my friend Mr. Joly. He's going to sue me you know--I think the statute of limitations expires in 13 months or so, so I expect service of process any day now (presuming he seeks redress in his home courts in MA; here in NC or where the servers are located in TX the statute has already expired).

Otherwise, I don't like to post here, I don't like the admin team, like all the French they are cheese-eating surrender monkeys :D

Hey, have you ever heard about the French Terrorism Alert Warning System? The four levels are run, hide, surrender, and collaborate :laughings:

LMAO that last sentence is awesome! Def gonna get a pair of mics from you this next paycheck, hoping for some good results for overheads.

You know...I'd be really tempted myself to get a pair of the e100 mike if they were truly the new S series. I have the old e-100 mikes and love them on Acoustic guitar and percussion, but they are a medium sized diaprham electret mic where as the new ones (S model) are large diaphram true condensors with about the lowest noise floor of any mikes on the market.
I'd love to have a pair for room mikes and grou recording.

Care to share where they can be had for $450 a pair?

You know...I'd be really tempted myself to get a pair of the e100 mike if they were truly the new S series. I have the old e-100 mikes and love them on Acoustic guitar and percussion, but they are a medium sized diaprham electret mic where as the new ones (S model) are large diaphram true condensors with about the lowest noise floor of any mikes on the market.
I'd love to have a pair for room mikes and grou recording.

Care to share where they can be had for $450 a pair?

where all the rest of the deals are! Craigslist or course! There was a studio going out of business and were selling a bunch of equipment.

Back