New song/mix, ready for mastering?

LemonTree

Suck 'em and see!
Had a version of this up a while ago but decided to rerecord it after pulling most of my hair out. I think I've got everything sitting where I want it. There's NOTHING on the 2 bus as yet, it's part of a 10 track album, this being the first to make it to the "finnished" stage.

I'm quite pleased with the quality I'm getting, I'm even thinking of sending the album off for mastering when the rest of the songs are finished.

Let me know if there's anything sticking out please

Dropbox file 320kbs mp3 - just click to stream

RALLY - USED 2 PLAY

Sounds good. I don't really have any problems with the mix. The guitar tone seems a little too British for my tastes, but it's a good song.

Very Paul Weller/Jam - it is a sound I love and you do it very well.

It just seem a bit off balance the Left feels very clean, while the Right seems to have a constant wash from the guitar and I think a synth(string?) fattening sound?

I'm not sure if it is a Volume or EQ thing - or my phones and speakers????

It is a great track really well arranged and performed.

Really love the coin in jukebox start

Yup. Good punk song. Sounding like a punk sound ought to sound.

If I had to pick holes, I would say that the guitar solo was a bit too conventional/middle of the road for such a style of song.

The song is good - liked the hook.

There's a little boominess in the low end, but other than that it's pretty good. Levels seem fine. Cool song.

Sounds very good for a mix especially with nothing on the 2bus. Shouldn't need too much on that. Just a limiter maybe.....Good tune , good mix...

agreed with the slight boominess...might be my system though...apart from that its sounds finished...I loved the guitar tone...

good one :)

thumbs up here! The vocals seem to lack a bit of energy, but that's really the only thing I can nit here.

Keep it up!

Very Paul Weller/Jam - it is a sound I love and you do it very well.

It just seem a bit off balance the Left feels very clean, while the Right seems to have a constant wash from the guitar and I think a synth(string?) fattening sound?

I'm not sure if it is a Volume or EQ thing - or my phones and speakers????

It is a great track really well arranged and performed.

Really love the coin in jukebox start
Yep, the left channel sounds clean and the right is fuzzed out with distorted guitar. Everything else sounds great. Methinks it would sound even better if the distortion in the right channel was turned down a little.

Thanks for all the comments guys, gave me some food for thought. We're gonna leave it as is till we get the rest of the album finished then see if it needs any tweaking.

Back