No sound in IE or another program using a digi interface?

wreckd504

Well this has been driving me crazy for a while now. Media player, itunes all worked fine and played audio through my 002, but in IE, firefox, or any browser i had no sound. I posted up on other forums, checked the obvious things like browser multimedia settings, codecs, playback device in sounds and audio....with no luck. Then tonight, i'm fed up so i'm looking through the registry and BAM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Digidesign\MME Driver Bindings

WaveAllowedProcesses WTF

added iexplore.exe and sounds returned to my browsing. Damn i love it when you finally work something out, hope this might help someone else.

That is all.

you had to figure it out now>>lol,,

i spent ages tryin to figure this out a while back with a 001, then 002 in xp,

i've since changed to mac with a 003. i don't suppose you know the mac equivalent of your remedy?

well done btw :)

I couldn't figure it out with the 001 and now I can't figure it out on my 002....lol.

I may just try what you did wreckd - when I find some friggin time :(

I googled and googled, and read so many posts on the DUC and none of them mentioned that Benny!

Its funny, i've had a few digi interfaces, and have never had to change that registry setting until now. Now I just got to work on getting sound to playback out of Sibelius through my 002.

Steenamaroo I've not used a mac for PT, persistence is my only advice sorry :(

do know the hardware is proprietary. Meaning it's made for one certain use and for one certain program to use. The extra drivers are just add ons and don't always work for every program as expected.

I've always thought of my 002 like any other sound card, in that if it works in media player it would work in itunes, not the case? I didn't think each program [itunes,iexplore, wmplayer] has a driver written for it, more so they all use the same driver?

i did use that dige mme helper,

it wasnt bad at all,,,recognised all the programs and games i had,

any mac equivalent?

I've always thought of my 002 like any other sound card, in that if it works in media player it would work in itunes, not the case? I didn't think each program [itunes,iexplore, wmplayer] has a driver written for it, more so they all use the same driver?

the 002 is an audio interface for Pro Tools...first and foremost. It's what it was made for. Digi doesn't sell the interfaces with the intention of their customers using them for gaming or movies on their computer. They're a recording interface company that have supported playback of other software programs (windows media player, itunes, etc). I never just automatically EXPECT my interface to work flawlessly with my third party programs. Because I didn't spend $1000+ (or in my case much much more) just so I can play Call of Duty on my computer ;)

I recently picked up a used Digi 002 rack. I was previously using a EMU 0404 soundcard for my non pro tools playback. I don't have many pci slots in this computer so it would be sweet to not need the 0404 for sound playback. I installed the Digi MME helper but I am not getting any sound from Itunes or any of my other apps through the Digi 002.

-Do I need to have pro tools open for playback through the Digi 002 on other applications (itunes, explorer etc...)?

Running Windows XP, Pro Tools version 7.4, Digi 002 Rack. I am thinking that maybe this is a config issue since I already have the EMU card installed? I can't remember where you set the main Windows audio playback driver?

control panel > sounds and audio devices > audio tab > Sound playback Default Device

if you go in to the registry, are all the exe's declared in they key?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Digidesign\MME Driver Bindings\WaveAllowedProcesses

The digi 002 shows up under sounds. When I set Digi 002 chan 1/2 as Default I still don't get any playback from any of the exe's that I have listed. Not seeing Itunes in the registry list. Maybe I need to restart? I will report back with my findings. Firefox is listed but i don't get any sound. Maybe its one of the programs that isn't compatible? Thanks for the help.

If itunes.exe isn't an entry in the the registry key

just right click, select modify then add the exe to the list separated by commas

no need to reboot

If itunes.exe isn't an entry in the the registry key

just right click, select modify then add the exe to the list separated by commas

no need to reboot

I' having the same problem, too. How do you get to the registry key?:)

I got it to work now. Cool. I've been online without sounds for a while. Now, surfing online will be much more pleasing. Hahahaha............... Thanks for the very helpful tip wreckd504.:D:D:D:D

Hmmm I am still not getting anything. When you guys go into the windows sound menu and select. Digidesign 002 chan 1 and 2 , does anything show up under the "volume" tab? I noticed when I have my Emu card selected, it shows up under the volume tab. When I select the Digi I get nothing there. Maybe the Emu is somehow interfering with the Digi? I am still not getting anything out of the 002 except from Pro tools. Anymore ideas?

Ok I got some playback going out of itunes but the audio sounds like I am running it through a tremelo. Extremely glitchy. Anyone had this happen? I never have any playback problems from Pro Tools.

Back