i'm looking for for some rock vocals

PHlipper said:
Hi guys, this is my first attempt at home recording so I would like some frank and honest feedback. I only have a short slice on the site but there are things that I would value your opinion on, such as;

1. Song quality - I'm doing this more with a view to selling songs than trying to hit it big.
2. General Mix
3. Vocal mix (I seem to be struggling to get a vocal sound that I'm satisfied with)
4. Any other constructive criticism you may have.

The song clip is here: www.phil-rowe.net

TIA!!

hey phlipper, i like this song. i don't listen to too many genres outside of hip hop and r&b but i live by the rule that despite the many genres there are really only two types of songs, good and bad. from the clip that i've heard so far i, i think the song is pretty good. like you said earlier, that organ does give it that nostalgiac feel. the vision i get from this song is of a roadside bar with girls dancing on top of pool tables (stripping).

JazzMang said:
Let me know if you want anything done as well.

cool. this is new for me. i usually write everything and if i want someone else to do the chorus, i would just harmonize it to them for translation and just let them put the right notes and extra magic that only a true singer can add to a melody. for this song, mainly because i'm not expereinced in the many styles of rock music, i'm very excited to just sit back and see what you guys can come up with.

my ultimate goal was to let different artists write an eight bar chorus to the provided instrumental, i then would let the different artists with thier permission listen to each other and help me out with choosing the chorus. i was also thinking about maybe also using small pieces that other artists submitted to create a bridge or something else pretty creative. i want to use this song to put on the radio here in baltimore maryland, my promotion cd and my full album. i'm giving credits on the cd insert and cd jacket to everyone that i use on the song plus i will supply a completed professionally recorded version of the song for use as one of thier demo songs if they would like.

jugalo180 said:
hey phlipper, i like this song. i don't listen to too many genres outside of hip hop and r&b but i live by the rule that despite the many genres there are really only two types of songs, good and bad. from the clip that i've heard so far i, i think the song is pretty good. like you said earlier, that organ does give it that nostalgiac feel. the vision i get from this song is of a roadside bar with girls dancing on top of pool tables (stripping).

LOL! :D

I've got some more stuff on my site now if you want to check back there... I'm free this week to have a look at your track and I'll PM you when I'm done. ;)

has anyone been able to do anything with the song yet? i've gotten a really nice r&b chorus and now this style chorus would be the icing on the cake. i can submit the words to the r&b chorus if you all would like to just use those words but in your own style.

Go ahead and post them, and I'll see what I can come up with. I've had a cold that has left me voiceless for over 2 weeks, but it is starting to come back. I'll help if I am able to come up with anything you like.
Ed

Back