Trying to Build a sound booth lil help please

dj tre seven

whats up everyone first time for me posting...I just wanna build a simple sound booth....i dont wanna spend tooo much but i want it to sound iiight if anyone has any ideas post em thanx

Well first off you could start by spelling the words correctly.........not as you say them in your "dj" jive.

Then if you can manage that and can tell us what you picture as a suitable sound booth (as in size, etc), and how and what you expect to be using it for then maybe you will get some useful suggestions.

:cool:

First tell us the dimentions and then full on drop the cieling with acoustic tiles, cover the walls with sound deadening foam, then put bass traps in all the corners. dont forget carpet with lots of pad.

dj tre seven said:
whats up everyone first time for me posting...I just wanna build a simple sound booth....i dont wanna spend tooo much but i want it to sound iiight if anyone has any ideas post em thanx

Build two walls against a corner, thus making a small room, typically 4' square floor to ceiling.

Then go to your local pound, and purchase 250 dead cats. Staple them to the wall.

You are now insulated :)

you will need an few dead dogs to absorb the low end, plus you should get a few curries out of them. ;);)

cheers
john

i helped build a booth out of mdf. its about 6'x6'...with the door and window it didn't go over $400 to build and it only took a weekend to do...

c9-2001 said:
i helped build a booth out of mdf. its about 6'x6'...with the door and window it didn't go over $400 to build and it only took a weekend to do...

6x6 is a decent sized vocal booth. Originally, mine was to be smaller (hey, I'm thin, okay?) then a guitarist I use quite often stood within the chaulk lines and complained his "baby" would smack the wall if he were to move even slightly. So, I made the booth wider @ 6'. I wish I had the room to have built 6'x6' but that would have meant giving up control room space.

Screw the musicians, the engineer has priority :) Kidding aside, I have the 2-car garage as well to do construction in so larger setups can go down there. THe control room is the garage loft. The vocal booth is a "stairwell cover".

Back