so much hard work shitty outcome

fivestarpacheco

ok so this is my vocal booth (pics below). my closet is very small 4 feet long 2 1/2 feet wide. now a couple of questions i would like to ask. is this too small will it effect my recordings. any suggestions on how i could make it better. someone told me i was better off using the foam and putting it on the walls in my room because the room is bigger and it would be better. any advice is appreciated thank you.i dont want to spend more money on this then i already have. if this isnt good enough is there any way i can use my bedroom with the foam instead of my closet. i dont want to juss put the foam to waste it costs me 200 dollers.
the reasons im worried is it sounds muffled when i record
ps. my workstation is downstairs i have a wire going up into my room for the mic and headphones so its far from outside noise so if my bedroom could be used it would have no one but the singer in it.

34t96r6.jpg

fokghz.jpg

o7krpv.jpg

1pfhpy.jpg

sztu2v.jpg

Last edited:
How do you breathe in there?
Wait 'til the summer months. :eek:

Don't know why people get all caught up building vocal booths.....?

Just sing out in the big room.

You can use that closet for recording loud guitar amps.

You can use that closet for recording loud guitar amps.
That foam won't stop much from a loud guitar amp. :)

Consider adding another layer of drywall on each wall and replace that door with a solid wood door (if it is not currently a solid wood door) to make it more sound proof.

With all the foam removed, Record some vocals (singing and spoken word), listen to what they sound like then add the foam a bit at a time to see if adds or detracts from the overall sound. with some trial and error you can find what amounts of bare wall and foam works best. If you dont want to add the extra layer of drywall, just do the foam removal thing and add a bit at a time as mentioned above.

If it were me, and I had to use the closet, I'd use some panels of 2" thick compressed fibreglass along with the foam and find a combination of foam, bare wall and compressed fibreglass to see what gives the closet that "right" sound.

Last edited:
That foam won't stop much from a loud guitar amp. :)

I wasn't even coinsidering the foam...I just meant the closet could be good for taming a loud guitar amp better than as a vocal booth...it doesn't need to be 100% soundpoof, but will make a difference...
...of course, the foam could help keep the amp from getting any dings when you are moving it in/out! ;)

Back