Please help a complete newbie!!!

ceciliabooth

I just bought a very basic set up with a bluebird microphone and m-audio audio interface and protools and so on. And an iMac 24". Very exciting!
I have NO knowledge about recording myself, but have been in so many studios, professional and home set ups.

I was just looking for advice on how to set up my bedroom for recording. My bedroom is quite small, and has a wall bed so the great thing is that I can put it up and then have it entirely as my own 'studio'. Some of my friends have padding stuck on their doors, and hang curtains on the walls and so on to improve the acoustics.

Any advice for me as a complete newbie? Any advice would be really really appreciated.

I just bought a very basic set up with a bluebird microphone and m-audio audio interface and protools and so on. And an iMac 24". Very exciting!
I have NO knowledge about recording myself, but have been in so many studios, professional and home set ups.

I was just looking for advice on how to set up my bedroom for recording. My bedroom is quite small, and has a wall bed so the great thing is that I can put it up and then have it entirely as my own 'studio'. Some of my friends have padding stuck on their doors, and hang curtains on the walls and so on to improve the acoustics.

Any advice for me as a complete newbie? Any advice would be really really appreciated.
Post a plan of your room, something simple like below (even just using ms paint like mine), and give us a budget.

Acoustics is much more technical than simply sticking padding to doors and hanging curtains on walls. In most cases, they will even make things worse.

Attachments

• basic room.gif
    basic room.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 36
Back