My mind has gone, can someone please help! it's about connecting keyboards as a midi

Leodhas

ok, my mind has collapsed in on it's self as i have dismantled my home studio set-up in order to tweak a few thing and wipe my computer. I record very simple acoustic stuff so just have a basic set up. I use a tascam fireone audio interface which does the trick for me. However, since i have taken everything to pieces i have forgotten how to reattach my yamaha keyboard up as a midi device. It's a dgx model. I have a pc (midi) usb lead running from the keyboard to the computer(usb), however i'm sure i also connected it through the jack plug into the soundcard input but i can't remember. Oh God will someone please help. I need walking through it! Ableton live 6, I use live 6, it all needs to go through 6 !

Thanks for any help.

got a grip

OK, I have got a grip on myself and all is well and sorted! Too much of everything created mind meltdown! Got rid of vista and put xp back on my comp that I use for the home set up. Then after doing that the auld brain caved in, don't know why it just did, but now all is well in the world!

everything works and all is braw!

OK, I have got a grip on myself and all is well and sorted! Too much of everything created mind meltdown! Got rid of vista and put xp back on my comp that I use for the home set up. Then after doing that the auld brain caved in, don't know why it just did, but now all is well in the world!

everything works and all is braw!
Gid tae hear it :drunk:

Back