making insert cables.

kristian

what the feck?! where do you buy cable that is Y? im getting my stuff together to buy some ramtech cable and stick a bunch of neutrik connectors on them, but then i was thiking, and how can i possibly make insert cables?

kristian said:
what the feck?! where do you buy cable that is Y? im getting my stuff together to buy some ramtech cable and stick a bunch of neutrik connectors on them, but then i was thiking, and how can i possibly make insert cables?

What you have to do, is buy an "experimenter's box" (or a $35 rack case for a high tch look) and make the splits from stereo 1/4" to a pair of CLOSED CIRCUIT mono 1/4" jacks inside the box. You run a TRS to TRS cable to the box, then you split from the box.

The reason you use closed circuit connectors, is so that when you pull them out-the channel is "normalled"; in other words-with closed circuit jacks, the signal continues through the path on into the rest of the fader.

Dealers may be able to order you the cable for making a Y, I'm not sure-but if you build a box, and do it in that-it'll be alot more of a heavy duty item.

Tim

feck

feck... i understand what closed circuit is, but how do i know if the nuetrik connectors im going to get are close circuit? but what about construction. so i have a balanced cable, 3 wires. i cut it open and take one to a mono 1/4" and take the oter and to another mono while the other side is stereo... do i duct tape this together then? hmm, i think i might just opt to buy these inserts pre made ayyyaaaaggrrr feck.

Back