Homestudioguy Studio Rebuild

homestudioguy

We are reconstructing our basement and with that reconstruction, my 1 room home studio will grow from 11 X 11 to 11 X 15! :)
Interior Walls will double in depth (about 9 inches) and will have double layered drywall.
The ceilings will also have double layered drywall and R-25 insulation.
I'll also have a closet for mic stands and other stuff. :eek:

Rebuild8.jpg

Rebuild7.jpg

More Later!

Last edited:
Looks great man. It would be a little better if you had more airspace between the staggered stud layers but I also understand that space is at a premium.

Frank

Looks great man. It would be a little better if you had more airspace between the staggered stud layers but I also understand that space is at a premium.
Frank
Thanks, Frank.
Yes, Space is at a premium fer sher!
I'm going to need a large dose of patience as I am ready to get my absorbtion panels up, my equipment patched together and my music flowing again :)

Awesome, man! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

PS: Are you still planning on posting instructions for building the new workstation on your web site? I've been waiting for that for a while. I actually built a desk based off of your original $80 workstation plans, and it's working great! :)

coming along nicely, as everyone has said, keep us updated! always good to see some commitment to a project.

best of luck with all the construction.

Awesome, man! Looking forward to seeing the progress.PS: Are you still planning on posting instructions for building the new workstation on your web site? I've been waiting for that for a while. I actually built a desk based off of your original $80 workstation plans, and it's working great! :)
Thanks, SP.
Glad my $80 desk design works well for you.
I apologize for the wait on the the "new" desk.
Good news is that I had to tear down my "new desk" to move it out of the basement so when I put it back together I will do step by step photos for the world to see.
I actually need to make a modification on it as the monitor shelf is a tad bit too high.
For those who havent seen it, check out my website.:D

Looks great man. It would be a little better if you had more airspace between the staggered stud layers but I also understand that space is at a premium. Frank
PS-FYI, there will be 7 inches of airspace in the 2 inner walls.
The other 2-walls go up against the concrete foundation outer walls so they'll be fairly "dead". :eek:

Getting closer!

Floor Tile is in and trim work has started.
Door installation is coming soon! :D
I'll get some photos up today.

I sure hope sound isolation from floor above is not a big issue. I had a horrific time keeping basement studio sound from travelling elsewhere via HVAC ductwork.

My solution was to move and build a detached studio.

I sure hope sound isolation from floor above is not a big issue. I had a horrific time keeping basement studio sound from travelling elsewhere via HVAC ductwork. My solution was to move and build a detached studio.

Although I am more worried about what sound might be coming IN to my studio ;) , there is double layered drywall and R25 Insullation surrounding the ductwork that (unfortunately) passes through "my little room". That is why there is a section of lowered ceiling across the length of the room :( .

BG

More photos

More photos below! :) (AND EVEN MORE ON MY WEBSITE!)

FYI-I am quite fortunate to have a very meticulous contractor (Rick N.) who is also pretty knowledgeable about soundproofing/walls etc.

I showed him a page on a website that showed the double-drywall/double-wall framing concepts and he had "been there and done that".

Rick has also wired the larger basement entertainment room in a manner to allow for 7.1 surround. (Now I just need a 7.1 receiver :laughings: )

He has also wired this room to it's own 20 Amp Circuit (Breaker)

StudioNEcorner.jpg
My desk will be facing this north wall

StudioSolidDoor1.jpg
Solid Wood Door #1 (#2 is happening as I type)

StudioTileFloor.jpg
18 inch Ceramic Tile Floor.
This will definitely put my DYI acoustic panels arsenal to the test!! :eek:

Last edited:
Back