Hearing is Believing - The Ultimate Small Mixing & Mastering Room

If only I could get Real Traps in Oz. The transport costs are greater than the purchase price so it's impossible. That goes for GAK as well.

I do believe that the treatment improves the room...though I also hear a lot of the low end has been almost sucked away by all the bass trapping, and some of the "thump" is lost in the music.

The other thing...I find that having that much treatment (especially in any smaller room) absolutely unrealistic.
I've got tons of shit in my studio...racks of audio gear for one, guitars, guitars, guitars, piano, organ, drums...etc.

I also could not work in such a sterile looking environment, surrounded by traps and diffusers.
I would rather give up a little of the treatment for more comfort and better looking studio vibe. :)

You got lots of natural diffusors.

Me? I got NO sound treatment. Never have. I wouldn't know what to do in a treated room.

I do have lots of diffusors though.
:D

To me it was more about what is often talked about here. Just bass traps improve the room so much. Even if you don't buy their stuff, what is often stated on this board in regards to sound treatment, is demonstrated in the video.

I thought it a good way to show people why it is important.

Well thanks for that. If at some point I do some treatment, I'll have some kind of rough reference. So thanks for posting, it hasn't fallen on deaf ears.
:)

Back