Fist set of monitors

lukmen

Hi guys,
I need your help, I'm looking into buying my firs set of studio monitors for 400-500pounds. I was looking into Yamaha hs80 and some ADAM stuff. Maybe you have any suggestions? my room is around 4x5 meters(no treatment). Music that I am going to work with is gonna be rock, metal. Help! :)

I've got the Adam A7's (first version) and am pretty content with em. You could probably pick up a used set for about that, I think.
No Yamaha experience here tho.

Also, ya might wanna think about treatment in there too. No matter what monitors you get, you won't get a true representation of your mix if the bass waves are bouncing all over the place.

food for thought man. :drunk:

My first are KRK 8's
Dammm they pound. I can compare them to my cerwin vega house speakers volume wize.
I was gunna grab the yamaha 8's but I needed to save money for my Mackie work station witch I have now to.

Also, ya might wanna think about treatment in there too. No matter what monitors you get, you won't get a true representation of your mix if the bass waves are bouncing all over the place.

+100,000 on that.

Oh, and I've heard pretty good stuff about the Yammy HS50M's.

+100,000 on that.

Oh, and I've heard pretty good stuff about the Yammy HS50M's.

they are nice (hs50m)'s .. i have them.. very crisp, not too great for low end playback without the hs10w woofer. i go between classical acoustic recording (which they are great for) to hip hop.. these monitors are not great for hip hop/dance/electro production.. i suggest going for the krk's! i'veheard much more good than bad!

The Yamaha's aren't all that good ... you do see them in most of all of the major studios so they have a reference to most home listening systems.
Once you are accustom to their pros and cons you can achieve a good mix with them though.

Yeah I've got a pair of Yamaha HS50m's too! :listeningmusic:

I've got the Adam A7's (first version) and am pretty content with em. You could probably pick up a used set for about that, I think.
No Yamaha experience here tho.

Excellent response! Certainly plus 1!

I can comment on the HS series though. They're worth the money, for sure. Though I would recommend the HS80s. The 50s lack bass comparatively, and considering that the HS series is a little harsh on the high end, it makes for an uneven sound IMO. Again, they are still good speakers. However, I can't ever find much bad to say about Adam's speakers. They are nice!

Back