First Song

TelePaul

J to the R O C
Here's the first song I've ever written. I realised two things while recording it...well, one I sorta knew already.

1) I can't song a note

2) Always mic acoustics with 2 mics!

www.purevolume.com/pauloleary

Its 'One More For Maria'

Anyway there it is. Comments, questions, death threats welcome...don't screw me TOO badly, first attempt and all.

Last edited:
Could you post the lyrics when you get a chance? It sounded like there was some good stuff there but I couldn't make them all out.

It's nicely done, but I did find it a bit repetitive as it went on (maybe down to loops?) Could you add something to the melody perhaps?

You know, your singing sounds as if you just need to go for it :) You're Irish, of course you can sing!

Freddy said:
Could you post the lyrics when you get a chance? It sounded like there was some good stuff there but I couldn't make them all out.

It's nicely done, but I did find it a bit repetitive as it went on (maybe down to loops?) Could you add something to the melody perhaps?

You know, your singing sounds as if you just need to go for it :) You're Irish, of course you can sing!

You're right, I was thinking of throwing in a harmonica bit. I could vary the drums too.

As for the singing, I get SO nervous as soon as I start tracking...I like, freak out and cant hold my breath long enough to sing a verse. So you're right, its like I can't commit to it.

Back