REcording and using a backing track live

abbo69nz

Hi There My band are looking at using some backing tracks in our live performances.
I am the drummer and as such will require the use of a click track going through my IEM so that we remain in time with the backing track.
Due to funding, The only Method available to us at the moment is to record the backing track with the track itself panned hard one way, with the click panned hard the opposite way, I Then Burn the track to My IPOD
and then feed the ipod into the mixer, on two channels of the mixer, one for left, one for right. I then feed the channel holding the click to my IEM via the aux send, and then the other channel containing the track goes to FOH Speakers and other band members montitors. I also like to send the backing track to my IEM.
The Problem I'm Having Is when sending the mix with the track in it, to the FOH speakers, its only coming out of one side,
I want to know how to have that backing track mix coming from both FOH speakers, Im obviously missing something glaringly obvious???...

Everthing Else I have plugged into the mixer comes out of both Pa Speakers (mic, Guitars, drums etc)
Its just the backing track (consisting of some bass and keyboard) that comes out of one speaker
Its something I've overlooked and can't work out what it is

Sorry for the dumb question, is it a mono cable? If not, check the plug itself. Occasionally they can mismatch and you only get mono no matter what. Pulling the plug out slightly can make the right connection.

What mixer are you using and is the iPod feed going to two channels of a stereo input? On some mixers, the stereo line inputs are fixed L and R and cannot be panned.

Oh jesus I have realised what I have done
Upon opening my daw I realised I had actually panned the backing track hard right... and the click track hard left! once I swapped them over,
Bingo its coming through the pa straight down the middle now, and the click is just going to my iem, perfect!
thanks guys

Oh jesus I have realised what I have done
Upon opening my daw I realised I had actually panned the backing track hard right... and the click track hard left! once I swapped them over,
Bingo its coming through the pa straight down the middle now, and the click is just going to my iem, perfect!
thanks guys

Aha!!! It was doing exactly what you told it to :D

Back