Loud family :(

Romanful

My pc is in the same room that my family likes being in and shouting a lot. I have a turtle beaches earforce x12, and I have turned Boost to 0 added a double black foam thing on the mic, but you can still hear them loud and clear.

So I think I'm getting a new mic for Christmas, and I was thinking a blue snowball, what should I get? ( oh, and I do YouTube gaming commentary)

Tell them to shut the hell up or move to a different room. Any mic is gonna pick up a bunch of background noise in the same room with you.

So you can't set up in a spare bedroom or garage or something where no one will be shouting at someone else?

Yeah, don't waste your money on a new mic (unless you just want a better mic). You can put concrete around your mic, if it still picks up your voice, it will pick up everything in the room as well.

Late night recording is a good alternative BUT it can get a little noisy if you are singing loud/playing instruments. I had this problem when my setup was in a corner of my living room, off to the side where I thought it would be alright to set up shop, it wasn't so I moved it into my garage, and now in the cold winter, I have a new battle: either turn off the heater and put on my parka and freeze, or sound dampen the furnace.

Back