Latency

randyhayes

Hi Everyone,

Years ago I had Acid, I think it was version 4.0, and used it a lot to record many songs. I never had any problem with latency, but I got the latest version and now every track I record is out of sync with the other ones. I can't figure out what is different with the new software or what I am doing wrong. Any ideas or suggestions please?

(I know this may be a dumb question but I am mystified by it).

Thanks!

Hi Mjb,

I am using an AudioBox USB device and an AKG condenser mic, 3.8 GHZ DELL 64 bit PC with Window 7 and 8 GB RAM, and the built in RealTek audio device with a driver dated 2011 - I will check to see if there is a newer driver.

Thank you!

One thing you may want to do as a general rule, once a track is recorded, before you start the next, make sure it lines up or else it becomes a summing game, 1ms, 2ms, 3ms, etc.

For the most part, if you do as above, the DAW should be able to compensate some. You can also do a loop back calibration and manual adjust (This is not as hard as it sounds). But this is not usually required for most people.

Hopefully this wasn't babel.

Thanks to you both, I am just wondering why I never had this problem before. I had a better sound card back then, could that be it? Is there one you can recommend?

I have an Audiobox, it is a good card, not the best, but it is fully capable and will give good results. I think you have a setup issue somewhere. Make sure inside the DAW, you are using Presonus ASIO driver. I noticed you sated Realtek. That should even be a factor when you are recording and playing back in you DAW. If you know how, you can disable that.

Go into the software (read the manual), there should be a setup for the ASIO device. Make sure you are using ASIO driver, not Windows driver and check your buffer settings. Set them to a low number (512 usually works) as this is probably causing you to hear a delay and then recording delayed.

If you are getting pops and clicks, then you can set them to higher rate for listening and mixing. You really only need the lower settings for monitoring your recording.

Focus on your setup between the interface and the software and it will get sorted out. Pretty sure.

Thank you David! I will try that and post back the results. I did install the latest AudioBox driver, thank you Jimmy.

Thank you David! I will try that and post back the results. I did install the latest AudioBox driver, thank you

Jimmy.

Yea, just make sure that is what is being selected inside the software. Should give you a selection of types of drivers, once you select ASIO, then the USB box should show up. Audiobox ASIO should show up.

Do give us an update.

YES! When I installed the latest driver, suddenly the AudioBox ASIO driver showed up as an option in Acid! I chose it and NO MORE LATENCY!

Thanks everyone, especially you David!

Especially David? WTF? I was the one who recommended the driver! lol!

As long as you up and running, that is all I care about. Happy recording Randy! :)

Back