I can't believe this Sh*t worked.

HogansHiro

Now with 25% more sarcasm
okay....drummer good but practice drum set....shit
Cymbals recorded great....toms good
Kick and snare...weak sounding crap that made me cry
answer:
Took removable elecrtonic drumm trigger off of old set and used hairspary to affix it to my monitor next to cone.
Played only snare back through monitor and ran trigger back through alesis DM4 and into new track....dialed out background from triggering and picked perfect snare sound. Worked so well I almost jizzed .....sounded great.... did the same with Bass drum.

I'm sure it's probably been done before but I was pretty stoked I thought of it.

maybe it will work for your weak kick/snare ..... whatever?

Many of the big "name" mixers who are mixing most of the big label records coming out these days trigger many if not most of there drum sounds, and those drum sounds are part of their "sound".

By the way, you do not have to use the trigger to, well, trigger the sounds from the DM4. You can just send a direct out from your recorder (or board or whatever) directly to your DM4. Trigger inputs are not very picky about the signal they need to see.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

I thought about a direct line out of the channel but then I again I wasn't sure if the actual output signal would be too much for the imput.
I'll give it a whirl next time I need to Dr up some beats.

Back