From the home to a professional studio

wOrDzBhOt

A'ight. I do my own beatz. They tight, but uh...I'm going to a studio to record my vocals. I got acid pro 3.0 and I want to know the best way to go about this. I would like to just get my vocals and slam 'em into acid and mix it all up.

What's tha dilly yo?

Yo, er... dilly...

If you insist on replacing "s" with "z" then you should at least be consistent about it.

A'ight. I do my own beatz. They tight, but uh...I'm going to a Ztudio to record my vocalZ. I got acid pro 3.0 and I want to know the beZt way to go about thiZ. I would like to juZt get my vocalZ and Zlam 'em into acid and mix it all up.

What'Z tha dilly yo?

You sound 12... go ask your mother....

:rolleyes:

Bruce

You guys are assholes.

I'll help you. Right now I'm at work, so I cant post too much.

But I will be back later to help. Peace.

A'ight. I do my own beatz. They tight, but uh...I'm going to a Ztudio to record my vocalZ. I got acid pro 3.0 and I want to know the beZt way to go about thiZ. I would like to juZt get my vocalZ and Zlam 'em into acid and mix it all up.

ha ha!

wordz - I don't see going into the studio to do vocals - that's something you can do cheaper at home, and probably almost as good as some studios. I can understand going into a studio to do drums (ALL those mics and pres! AND a need for a really good-sounding space!), but vocals? You can get that at home with a decent mic and pre, which you can get for the price of a bit of studio time, and which you can use again and again.

Wordz,

Listen to Dobro. He makes good sense. Get yourself a good beginner mic (take a look in the mic forum) and a mic pre.

You'll be set AND you'll learn more from the process than simply going to a studio and having the Engineer handle it all!

-Peace

ametth said:
You guys are assholes.

I'll help you. Right now I'm at work, so I cant post too much.

But I will be back later to help. Peace.

LOL.

wOrDzBhOt, get ready for speech class.

Blue Bear Sound said:

You sound 12... go ask your mother....

Bruce

Wow, all I saw was "typing" and Bruce some how heard and knows how he actually sounds ....cool.

Ending a work with a "z" instead of a "s" is a secret code to other hacker types, warez based computing :0)...

Anyhow, what interfaces you and the computer..soundcard, DAW? You could just plug a cheap mic into the card then edit it once its on disk, othrewise it gets more expensive and harder to explain quickly. More info please.. whats your set up beyond Acid?
Peace,
Dennis

hmm

as far as setup, gettin' a delta and pre, but that's about as far as it will probably go...seems good enough tho...the Omni Studio...also have a shure sm58

for keeping out the sound of my three case fans, I'm building a sound booth...

Then I got about 60g's in hdd space and a cdrw 16x. I might keep that old AWE 64 sound card dually with the delta (it's what I have right now..stereo/line-in inputs). Magix studio deluxe 5.0 and sound forge 5 to edit sound...Vegas to record the vocals or acid whatever...

thankx

far as all you other punks...you probably ain't got enough guts to put it down like ya really speak...probably country or a buncha gayblades. you're about as mature as a rockstars' crackbaby. get a real job and stop stompin' on people who are so much more mature and secure in themselves they threaten you... it's hatas like ya'll that catch a beat down where I'm from...i hope you choke on your noodles today..

IM not sure what kinda pre amp your getting but the outputs should go into the delta without too much problem. As far as your drum beat, Id export to a multi-track program then overdub the vocals, then if need throw them back into acid for further work. The Sm58 is a good enough mic, Ive worked with less myself. Do final edits in SF 5.0 and you done, SF will do your Cd burns after your done...Feel free to experiment with file transfers between the different programs you have...
I have a 1/8th inch Stereo to 2 rca type of cord, with the delta just look to see what kind of cord you can hook between that and the Pre.... Have fun.

Peace,
Dennis

Blue Bear Sound said:
Are "hatas" and "gayblades" HACKERZ words?

Bruce,
I don't know what the meanings are of those words, in fact I don't know what WAREZ is. I do know the "z" at the end of my nickname has caused multiple accusations of me being a hacker. I do hack, but its not with a computer, its usually with an instrument. Im a small town boy on the outskirts of Seattle, just under the other Canada, living my life away in a small hole. Ive been called quite a number of names, but those are not any of them. I have a 2 and a 5 year old so my vocabulary and phonetic filters are different than yours. And what is it about you and peoples mothers?
using your moms computer and go ask your mother

Ahhhhh.... I know, its because you had to purchase your equipment with your own money verses kids who have all this equipment they got for thier birthday before they entered puberty. I hear ya there , I keep asking for a 24 track ADAT studio and Santa aint delivering it. That why I have a MD8..Im pooor...uneducated....talentless and lazy. I love Fridays....I feel a double posting coming on....

Peace,
Dennis

atomictoyz said:

Bruce,
I don't know what the meanings are of those words, in fact I don't know what WAREZ is. I do know the "z" at the end of my nickname has caused multiple accusations of me being a hacker.

Then you are being accused this by someone who doesnt know what a hacker is. I was going to leave the 'z' is hacker thing alone until I saw more of it. Using z's instead of s's is NOT a hacker thing. Its a kiddie thing. And WAREZ is software. Illegally cracked, distributed, etc. software. Also something attributed to the kiddies.

Im young for my age! atomictoyZ I waznt awarez of all thiz good infurmation on kiddeaze nad hte egasu fo hte netinter. Pacr! ym retfil ofr splleing sa eknrbo ginaa....

,eaPce
sinneD

Back