Book Recommendation

Blue Bear Sound

I purchased this one a while ago, and upon re-reading it recently, I was reminded how excellent the content is.

While not geared towards novice recordists (meaning it's heavy on theory, very low on practical applications), it does provide an excellent background on the theories of human perception of sound and how to develop critical listening and analyzing skills with respect to recorded sound and sound reproduction.

I highly recommend it for anyone wanted to further advance their recording skills to a more serious level --> William Moylan - The Art of Recording: Understanding and Crafting the Mix

I'll keep an eye out for that one Bruce. My first book was The Art Of Mixing by David Gibson. Gave me a great insight as a beginer and opened my eyes to EQ and carving a place in the mix for everything. Priceless really. Advice is a wonderfull thing

Alec

Another book (good for novices) is Recording Tips for Engineers by Tim Crich. Really easy to understand with pics to help clarify. Also good for veteran engineers who want to clean up their chops. :cool:

Yo Bruce:

And, THE MAYOR OF CASTERBRIDGE, by Thomas Hardy, will enhance the mental perspective of metaphor which make lyrics work.

No kidding.

Green Hornet

Back