Want to get a mixer for youtube videos

Raph_LYC

Hey guys, I am pretty new to audio stuff, but I want to get better audio for my youtube videos, i recently bought a Behringer QX1002 but i got some issue with it, so im going to return it and get a different one, before i use the qx1002 i am using a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, i mean its good but i dont get that voice that all the other people do on youtube, i also have a AT2020 XLR microphone, do i need to upgrade that? also i have around 180 AUD to get a new mixer, from this store https://www.storedj.com.au/categorie...s-Studio-Stage
I am only using onboard audio i dont know if i will still get good quality if i m not using a usb one( BUT i get static noise with USB thats common?) so if im getting a mixer( not usb) what do i need to do to connect to PC? is Behringer the best for my budget?

Thanks guys!

Wow..... step away from the credit card.

You do not need a mixer, and any mixer you get at that price will most likely have inferior sound to your Scarlett 2i2, which I hope you've hung on to?

You also do not need a new microphone. What you need is a bit of knowledge.

You shouldn't be using onboard audio as the Scarlett AI replaces the onboard soundcard.

You probably need to know how, and where, to record - you can't buy that, just learn it. Suggest you read up around here...

Alternative plan is to completely ignore what I've said, shoot on down to Store DJ there at Leichhardt and they will probably sell you something. Then, when that makes no difference whatsoever, we'll see you back here. :D

Welcome to home recording, where more gear is always a temptation, but usually not the answer... :thumbs up:

So I should keep my 2i2?
because i watch this guy on twitch Lirik he have really good audio that make me jelly that i want to upgrade...

Hmm?
Don't know jack about making Toob vids but I could envisage a bit of a setup that COULD employ a mixer?

If you wanted to EQ a voice "going in" i.e. in real time. Then you might want to play in certain sounds?

I see a lot of vids of guys demo'img guitar amps and having a mic on a cab and one for VOX would I think be tricky with a basic AI (and they don't get much more basic than the 2i2!) ...But! If you are going for a mixer go for something decent. A second hand Soundcraft if you can find one or the current Allen&Heath zed10 (FX version if you can run to it.)

I would also argue that (in THIS case!) a dynamic mic might be a better bet? The Shure SM58 or SM7b (pricey tho'but!) are top reccies' but there are now plenty of 30quidish, pretty good dynamics out there.
Should have made it plain.... Keep the 2i2 but drive it from a mixer (if the above is the way to go)
Dave.

What i do on youtube is just gaming videos and i want a better audio recording set up... like get that raelly good sound, clear crispy...

What i do on youtube is just gaming videos and i want a better audio recording set up... like get that raelly good sound, clear crispy...

Well then, clear and crisp indicates very low room effect (duvets, SE Reflection filter?) and bass cut. A small D capacitor with a 20dB pad used close up will be "crisp" but you MUST have that high pass filter in there!

Dave.

Back