Stupid guy wanting to record

Jedi Rabbit

Many thanks to anyone who helps!!

i want to record, but i have ALOT of questions....for starters, if a recorder has a SCSI port, will that enable it to send the
finished song to a cd burner? what else will that port allow the recorder to do?

thank you again for the help....

BEWARE, Mr S. Guy,
all is not as it seems!
A scuzzy port on your recorder, (and I assume you mean one of the stand-alone units, like the Korg D8 or Roland VS or Akai DPS12,etc.) is USUALLY only to hook up an external hard drive, or removable disc drive.
You can RECORD to these or BACK-UP song DATA to them. But in general, from my reading anyway, you CAN'T use them to hook into your computer. But check carefully before you buy.
Macca

Oh Great Jedi Rabbit:] May the FORCE BE WITH YOU.

Check out the new, very new, Alesis Masterlink CDRW box.

You can input your stereo mix, most recorders output from 8 tracks down to two tracks, right into the Alesis Masterlink box; then, a couple of set-up moves, and, Voila, you have a RED BOOK CD all ready to play in any CD machine, except for the one unit in one our esteemed colleague's truck.

So far, in my research, this new Alesis box is getting good marks. Check it out on the web and with dealers via the net.

Green Hornet

Back