Remotre controle for on/off

Kaven St-Pierre

Hi! I have a really basic questions but can't have an answer while searching the web.

I plan starting to use a wireless remote controle outlet to control on/off my studio monitors. I would also like to do the same thing for the two speakers of my PA system.

My question is : could leaving the speakers physically ON all the time, but contrôling remotely them ON/OFF with the remote of the outlet harm in any way the studio monitors or the speakers?

Thanks a lot!

Hi! I have a really basic questions but can't have an answer while searching the web.

I plan starting to use a wireless remote controle outlet to control on/off my studio monitors. I would also like to do the same thing for the two speakers of my PA system.

My question is : could leaving the speakers physically ON all the time, but contrôling remotely them ON/OFF with the remote of the outlet harm in any way the studio monitors or the speakers?

Thanks a lot!

If you mean those very handy wireless remote switches? No, the speakers/monitors will not care how the mains is interrupted so long as it is done promptly and cleanly.

Note however it is good practice to switch on the speakers LAST, after any mixer or AI feeding them and turn them off first, before powering down mixer feeds etc. That procedure minimizes 'thumps' and other noises that can be generated when gear powers up or down.

'Tis said such transients can damage speakers but unlikely with decent modern gear IMO but it is for sure kinder to ears and nerves!

I have used several types of wireless switches. The most handy one having an 'all on, all off' pair of buttons for up to 4 switches.

Dave.

Back