Reaper output audio issues

kittlesruff

greetings!

I am just getting into using my MicroKorg XL for midi inputs and trying to interface with the computer more.

I downloaded Reaper and have my MicroKorg visible. I can create a new track, select the Korg and record notes. I see the notes and the audio recording. When I go to playback the file it does not play sound although it is progressing through the track.

I have opened other audio files and preset inputs from Reaper, and they all have sound when I hit play.

It appears it is just the files I am inputting from the Korg that are not working.

Any help is appreciated. I am sure there is some button I am simply overlooking.

Thanks!

A couple of questions . . .

How is your Korg connected to the computer?
Have you connected the Korg's audio output to the computer.
Are you recording midi, audio, or both?

I suspect that you have recorded the midi ok, but not the audio, and there are a few more steps you need to do to get there.

My Korg is connected with a midi to USB chord
I have not connected the audio output to the computer, I honestly assumed the midi chord did that.
What steps do I need to take to do that?
I would like to record both. I have a nanoKontrol2 that I am hoping to put midi files onto, and then have audio files separate.

Ok . . . it is pretty much what I was expecting.

When you connect via USB, you will only transmit midi data.

Do you have an audio interface?

To be able to record you need to be able to connect from the Korg's line outputs to the computer. This is most commonly done by way of an audio interface.

If you don't have one, you maybe able to go into the computer's mic input. However this is not the best solution because of the sensitivity of the input.

Back