This Is Really Holding Me Back

chrisp200

I have a dmp3 dual pre into a audiophile 24/96 soundcard. I thought when I bought the dmp3 that it would have a headphone jack but it doesnt. When I go to record vox or guitar I have to have my audio setting set to ASIO, but when I do that my headphone jack on the computer doesnt work. If I switch the setting from ASIO to primary sound card I cant record at all but can only hear through the headphones. What can I do so the vocalist can hear the music and themselves sing? do I need another piece of equipment?

thanks

Educated Guessing

I've never worked with and Audiophile 2496 before, but I would assume that you need to get a headphone amp and connect it to one of the outs on your soundcard. Perhaps someone else with experience could confirm/refute this when they're on here.

I'm pretty sure you can run RCA cables from the soundcard directly into the back of a stereo system aux input, if you have one. You can then plug your headphones into the stereo headphone jack, or if it doesn't have one, just listen on the speakers.

I've never worked with and Audiophile 2496 before, but I would assume that you need to get a headphone amp and connect it to one of the outs on your soundcard. Perhaps someone else with experience could confirm/refute this when they're on here.
That's the advice I've been seeing from most people regarding any interface...

I know its been a while but I am hoping someone will see this and have answers for me. I'm still not sure what I can do to listen to the recording through headphones during a tracking.

Audiophile 2496 has 2 audio ins that my pre amp runs through
and 2 audio outs that run to my monitors

the only other type if inputs the card has available is a single S/PDIF in and a single S/PDIF out, which I dont know what they are for?

I know I will probably need another piece of hardware to make this work, but I'm just not sure what my best option would be?

any help is appreciated

Thank you

That´s what I´m saying...

Connecting your monitors to it... :confused:
(I wasn´t talking about the headphones...)

I can appreciate what you're saying... Honestly, I haven't heard the unit either. I was giving him the cheapest reference from the sweetwater site that would solve his problem. He can do some research and find a more suitable device if need be. I was just pointing him in the right direction. :)

cheers,

Back