Presonus Firebox query

BooRadley

Hi guys
Just wondering whether i can plug my desktop speakers into the plug where studio monitors would normally go in a PreSonus Firebox.
The speakers have a 3.5mm audio cable so im thinking if i get a converter thingy to connect 3.5mm to the 1/4" jack plug on the firebox that that might work.
Im picking up a Firebox tomorrow ... thats why i havent tried it as yet. I appreciate any help i can get.
Cheers

You need to get something that will go from two male 1/4 inch plugs to a female stereo jack.
In order for it to be stereo you need to come out of outputs 1 and 2 on the Firebox.

I am a new owner of the Firebox (loving it by the way) and the monitors i have use rca outputs so i had to buy some rca to 1/4 adapters. The whole system works great!

Hey guys
Thanks for your help... i have the firebox now and am recording guitar. but i plugged in the desktop speakers using a Y cable (2 1/4" jacks - 1 female 3.5mm) but im not getting any sound from the speakers... this may sound completely stupid but do they have to be powered speakers? The two speakers connect to a subwoofer which is powered. Hope to hear from someone soon.
Cheers

Back