newbie home recording question

xyzz

Hey everyone.. new to the forums =)

Just want a little advice as to what I need to buy.

I want to be able to plug my guitar and mic in and control each individually (with different effects).

If I'm recording something, I'll probably record one track at a time, but when I'm not recording I'd like to be able to play a beat (using something like fruity loops) play guitar, and sing...again - controlling each input individually.

Here is what I have:
sonar
guitar rig III
fruity loops

M-Audio Audiophile USB
audiophile_usb.jpg

what else do I need to make this work?

also, I should mention that I'm a poor student, so the cheaper the better =)

thanks for any advice

thanks for the link.. alot of good info there, but I'm still wondering about my specific piece of hardware..

Should I be able to plug my guitar and mic into the left and right 1/4" inputs and control them seperately?

thanks

thanks for the link.. alot of good info there, but I'm still wondering about my specific piece of hardware..

Should I be able to plug my guitar and mic into the left and right 1/4" inputs and control them seperately?

thanks
You can, but you will get bleed from your vocal onto your guitar, and vice versa. It's much better to track them separately. But if it's easier for you to play while you sing, then you can experiment with mic placement to minimize it.

Back