newbie: cassette to digital

kennetholdfield

My father has been recording live jazz festivals as a hobby and has 2000+ 90-minute cassettes. He asked me how he could put some of them onto a cd or other medium that is more durable. His original recordings are made with a portable cassette deck and microphone placed near the stage, so sound quality is limited. He is not particularly technology or computer savvy, but can follow procedures. He would not be interested in mixing or altering the recordings, simply transferring them to the new medium. He would like to be able to put a complete 90-minute cassette onto a cd, which if I understand correctly is typically limited to 72 minutes. Any ideas? I understand computer basics, but really know nothing about audio mixing.

Thanks

Yo Kenny Hold the Ball in the Field:

Like, 74 minutes is all you get on a 74 minute CD.

You might contact Emeric from this site, ask him if he would do the transfer to CD's. Don't know what he would charge but he would do a good job.

Or, if you have your own gear, you can easily transfer a cassette cut to CD. Your sound would improve but the original tracks would be just that -- original tracks, boosted by CD conversion.

Green Hornet:D :confused: :p

Back