in need of some help

andrew28

Im. Using a MXL 990 pantom power mic running to my lexicon alpha interface and when i go to record a track i hear static in my vocal track .

Im. Using a MXL 990 pantom power mic running to my lexicon alpha interface and when i go to record a track i hear static in my vocal track .

"Static" is a generalized (mainly N American) term for all forms of electrical noise. Here in UK it has a more specific meaning.

Can you be more precise? A hiss, a low hum, or a higher frequency buzz or whine?

Dave.

He seems to have been able to record a vocal track, thus perhaps the mic is powered properly(?)

FWIW....There was another post where someone had an issue with crackling and was using a Nady SMPS-1X phantom power box. Don't know if the OP of the thread got it sorted out.
https://homerecording.com/bbs/equipment-forums/microphones/condenser-mic-newb-what-sound-376285/

Just went and read a bunch of reviews for the Alpha, it seems that hiss/static/hum issues with it are quite high, if it were me, I would get a better interface.

FYI all.
I have bought two 2chan' phantom supplies this month. Chord mod# 173.077UK.
Had one apart and it looks pretty good buildwise. Not had time to do a noise test but will get to it this week.

Dave.

Back