Need help purchasing a SM58 Microphone.

Lidds

After looking around web for about 1 hour.

I've decided that my first purchase of microphone to be the SM58 microphone.

100% for singing purpose.

Well anyways, in the process of purchasing my lack of knowledge of microphone has made me nervous...
Hence, the reason why I've registered on this forum to ask you guys for an advice. [ or questions]

1. What is the difference between SM58-LC and SM58-CN?

2. In the following link what is it mean by With Cable or Without Cable?
Shouldn't Cable included be more expensive than Mic without a cable?
amazon.com/Shure-SM58-LC-Cardioid-Microphone-without/dp/B000CZ0R42/ref=pd_cp_MI_3#productPromotions

3. Does quality of USB Adapter matter?
This microphone's purpose would be composing music with my friends and practice during summer break to improve my singing by listening to myself.
I'm the song writer/guidesong singer/lead vocal. I won't be doing any keyboard guitar or drum work, files will be added on for me to edit later on so I'll only be using this Mic for singing only 100%.
I will be using a program called Audacity. In order to connect to my PC/Laptop I would need a XLR to USB adapter...
I'm not sure if quality of USB adapter matters or not because the one provided by Shure hurts my budget a bit
and I would prefer to use other cheap adapter if this doesn't change the sound quality provided.

4. What other kits would you guys recommend that would go along with SM58 microphone for vocal purpose?
[Accesories such as Mic. Stand which I'll probably be purchasing]

1. They're the same microphone. The letters at the end just indicate whether there's a cable or not. You will need a cable, obviously.
2. You'd have to ask Amazon. I'd avoid buying music gear from an all-purpose retailer. Shop around.
3. Yes it matters if you want quality. Don't buy a Shure USB adapter. Don't buy any USB adapter. Buy a proper audio interface. Essentially your microphone requires preamplification and conversion to digital so it can be input via a USB slot. For what they want for that device you can get a much more useful, higher quality audio interface that will actually be useful in the future. Save more. Hit up the parents. Sell a kidney. Audacity is not a multi-track DAW software - it's a useful all purposes audio editor. I wouldn't bother with it for anything but the most basic of tasks, however it might be useful to learn some of the ropes on if what you want to do is very simple. After that, get proper software. Reaper has a free evaluation period. But learn some basics on Audacity first if this is your first journey into the realm.
4. Mic stand. Pop filter - you can usually get these cheap, if not, make one. Other things depend upon a whole bunch of stuff you haven't yet shared with us.

That should do you for now...

Do some reading before buying anything. Start with the sticky threads at the top of this forum about computer recording.

Most microphones with XLR connectors do NOT come with mic cables, you can get cables in short to very long lengths. What is on the end of the cable opposite the mic end is dependent on what you are plugging into. Most times, it will be another XLR connector.

As Armistice already advice, don't get a 'USB adapter' this will certainly have a detrimental effect on your overall sound quality. Go to Sweetwater.com and look for USB audio interfaces - lots of choices.
If you're budget conscious, take a look (on Amazon) at the GLS es-58 microphone, cheaper than the Shure SM58 that it clones.

Back