Karaoke plus vocals through Scarlett Solo using ProTools First

Shayniem1

Totally newbie here, just trying to figure out how to record my karaoke music from my computer, through the interface, and my vocals at same time? Thanks for any help.

Normally you would load the karaoke track into Pro Tools, play it back through the interface, capture your voice onto another track in Pro Tools, then balance the vocal track with the karaoke track after the fact and export (bounce) a finished audio file.

Thank you for your assistance. I'm not trying to create music on my own. I have sung since I was a kid and my kids just want me to record some covers for them. I don't understand how to load the track into Pro Tools. I have a website I use called Kara Fun, and I also have many background track CD's. How would I load them into Pro Tools? Sorry I'm so dumb at this........ I'm old as dirt.

For the audio on CD, assuming it's a standard audio CD, Import it to your computer using Pro Tools' File>Import tool (Click "File" on the top menu then select "Import").

For audio on the internet, perhaps you can download it from that site or some other site, possibly for a small fee. Then use the Import function to bring it into your Pro Tools session.

There are YouTube tutorials that will walk you through the steps. Search the keywords Pro Tools, import, CD etc.

For YT sound you used to be able to grab it internally in the computer, called "Stereo Mix" or similar, needs to be setup in Windows Sounds but from Win 10 they stopped you doing that, at least easily. There is I understand software around that can do it?

Whether is is 'fair' to rip music off the net is another question?

As an aside? I have long held the view that these so-so basic, one lunged, cheap AIs are poor value and peeps soon find their irritating limitations.

Dave.

I have Win10 and it's not that hard to enable recording from an output. You just go to Settings>Sound>Sound Control Panel>Recording. You might have to Select the device then go into Properties and select Use This Device.

Thank you so much for your help, sorry again that I know so little about this. I tried this and it does work. You are awesome!!!

---------- Update ----------

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Back