Votes: 2 9.5%
  • serious hobby would like to make $$

• trying to be a pro and make it big

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • already made my expenses and more

• Total voters
You don't repeat "facts"...you just think that's what they are.
I've asked you to be specific both about the gear...and also to point to the posts where you (or anyone) was being put down as a "fool" for not using the most expensive gear, but you can't, because they don't exist.
I've got a good amount of inexpensive gear, because it works...but I also know when the higher-end gear works better...so I have some of both.

I don't think you've ever even been in the same room with any high-end gear...you're just coming to conclusions that suit your way of thinking.
So I'm not sure what you have your "ears on" (the specs in the magazines?)...when you've apparently never used any high-end gear to compare to whatever you're using.

It's all just a bitter argument on your part simply because you're bothered that some people can afford things that you can't.
You don't have any facts...you are just trolling. This thread was just about the money...or lack of.
Not my fault or my problem.

Does not matter what you ask. Logic trumps your opinion.

Prove that your, or any, device is the best. And then tell us why all those other devices exist at all if you are such a genius.
And why everybody using something you don't approve of is a luser.

You are just being arrogant and need to put down people because you feel inferior and must have some way to boost your tiny ego.
In an elementary school you would be the bully.

:facepalm:

So you really don't have any "facts"...and instead you add [BOLD] to your post as a substitute. :D

Got it...when you are wrong, talk louder to prove you are right!!!!

Enjoy your trolling...

:facepalm:

So you really don't have any "facts"...and instead you add [BOLD] to your post as a substitute. :D

Got it...when you are wrong, talk louder to prove you are right!!!!

Enjoy your trolling...

more bulloney

it is not my job to prove anything
the facts are clear and obvious if you think logically instead of emotionally

you claim your expensive stuff is better so you prove your claim

stop being a bully and either put up or shut up about your claim that spending more means more better results

tell us what is the best gear
and how you can measure that to verify your claim

double dawg dare you cause you know you cant do it
go ahead and try and you will be shown to be totally illogical

[/FONT][/SIZE]

I was going to say before, that the next post will probably have both a BIGGER FONT and [BOLD]...as an even greater substitute for actual facts...

...and sure enough! :laughings:

I can't seem to find the emoji that's eating popcorn. I knew where it was in 2003 but now it's lost.

I was going to say before, that the next post will probably have both a BIGGER FONT and [BOLD]...as an even greater substitute for actual facts...

...and sure enough! :laughings:

this font will mane you happy

but you stil are illogical and refuse to prove your claims
rather attacking me and my posts because you are so illogical
and it is impossible for you to prove your claims

this font will mane you happy

but you stil are illogical and refuse to prove your claims
rather attacking me and my posts because you are so illogical
and it is impossible for you to prove your claims

How about we flip the narrative. YOU prove cheap gear is just as good. :D

If you can prove that, you could possibly singlehandedly put out of business all the high end gear manufacturers. Yippee Yay!
We all win and get to spend less money.
:D :D :D :D

Another.........you can't be right.......because I can't be wrong......marathon. One thing I can say....at least for myself.........and I'll bet a few others will agree.......I know who the real experts are on this site. You get that title over time. There's not much doubt who they are......and it's not about how many posts you have. Melting down is usually a sure sign that you're more concerned about your image than your facts. You can't convince someone who is afraid to maybe be wrong.

How about we flip the narrative. YOU prove cheap gear is just as good. :D

If you can prove that, you could possibly singlehandedly put out of business all the high end gear manufacturers. Yippee Yay!
We all win and get to spend less money.
:D :D :D :D

Exactly.

Starts a poll/thread so he can troll it. Who was that guy not too far back here that was doing this exact nonsense...maybe he's back with a new name.
I think the mods should check that out.

He tosses out multiple, erroneous blanket statements that everyone else basically disagrees with...and then asks that he needs to be proven wrong. :facepalm:

I'm getting ready. Gonna invest in Behringer stock now! Gonna get rich, then I'll have the money to buy all the vintage high end gear I've always wanted. Haha!
:D

I'm getting ready. Gonna invest in Behringer stock now! Gonna get rich, then I'll have the money to buy all the vintage high end gear I've always wanted. Haha!

See that's the thing...no one is knocking the low cost stuff if it works. I think we all have at least one "Behringer"-like item, and you could go to a multi-million dollar studio, and even there see a few pretty inexpensive items...that are used along with the high-end gear.
It's just so foolish (and here it's intentionally trollish) to think/say that every high-end piece of audio gear can be replaced with a low cost item...and there will be no downgrade in the sonic quality. Only some misguided folks who never had the opportunity to use anything but low cost would be so naïve.

No one is putting down low cost gear that works well or the people that use it...but let's be realistic about how far it can take things.

Here's an invitation to mr average who needs proof...
When I finish building and outfitting my new studio space, you're welcome to come over and bring whatever low cost gear you think will stand up to anything, and I'll let you run it against some similar type higher-end pieces. I plan on adding some new rack gear with the new studio, so I'm sure we'll be able to find the right gear to compare. :)
I'll be happy to invite anyone who is in the area and willing to stop by...for whatever...we don't have to do gear shootouts.
Bring your guitar, and we can jam or even lay down some tracks.

Seems there is some angst going on in this thread. :)
As to 'gear shaming'......well I've been here a few years and just don't see that.
That happens over at Gearslutz. They even have high and low end gear sections. Outright segregation. But not here. This place is pretty down to earth and practical.

As an aside re cheap gear, theres a youtube channel , pretty good channel as well, where he uses the little plastic novelty mini amps to record guitar tracks along with 'real' amps. Never done that but seems pretty cool.
I've used my battery powered Pig nose for it's 'weird' distortion, (almost has an octave effect) but never the tiny amps.

Silvia Massey uses all kind of stuff that's cheap and most would consider garbage gear. But it gives a unique sound.

Point is; All gear has it's use, and here we share, grow, teach, learn, etc. No shaming.

Now if someone's being a fool, yeah, heat comes down, but generally this is a pretty chill place.

Last edited:
I'll be happy to invite anyone who is in the area and willing to stop by...for whatever...we don't have to do gear shootouts.
Bring your guitar, and we can jam or even lay down some tracks.

Come in Miro. You invite someone and 'make' them bring their own guitar?
That's just mean. Lol :D
You have so many, you wouldn't let them try one of yours? ;)

Come in Miro. You invite someone and 'make' them bring their own guitar?
That's just mean. Lol :D
You have so many, you wouldn't let them try one of yours? ;)

That was for the Gibson fanatics...they wouldn't be caught dead playing a Hag! :p

Another.........you can't be right.......because I can't be wrong......marathon. One thing I can say....at least for myself.........and I'll bet a few others will agree.......I know who the real experts are on this site. You get that title over time. There's not much doubt who they are......and it's not about how many posts you have. Melting down is usually a sure sign that you're more concerned about your image than your facts. You can't convince someone who is afraid to maybe be wrong.

Judging from the traffic on this site, I sometimes get the impression that a lot of the experts left long ago. :D

If I include amps guitars and everything I've probably got $20K in this. Mind you, that is over 30+ years. Still, its a lot for a hobby I don't spend that much time doing and which I don't have much talent for. However, I do enjoy it. And if I didn't do this I'd have a stamp collection or model trains or some shit and I'd spend the same on that anyway.

If I include amps guitars and everything I've probably got $20K in this. Mind you, that is over 30+ years. Still, its a lot for a hobby I don't spend that much time doing and which I don't have much talent for. However, I do enjoy it. And if I didn't do this I'd have a stamp collection or model trains or some shit and I'd spend the same on that anyway.

I don't know about that. I'm considering the possibility of cashing everything out an taking up Civil War reenactment. It's probably more age appropriate, and I think I'd look good in a general's uniform. The only problem is the rising cost of authentic uniforms and muskets. A decent set up might cost more than my recording gear.

Back