40 years out of date

But then, I'm the same with my e-mail inbox. I clear it daily whereas my wife has 800 in hers, some stretching back years. I'm that spare rib.

My wife and I are like that as well. Let me ask you this, though: Are you like us physically as well as digitally? She hoard EVERYTHING in storage boxes, she keeps the cardboard boxes things come in in the shed in case they need to be returned, but never throws them out, etc. And I always have to go along behind her and get rid of stuff we haven't used in 5 years or find the empty boxes for stuff that has already been binned and pitch them as well...

I always have to go along behind her and get rid of stuff we haven't used in 5 years or find the empty boxes for stuff that has already been binned and pitch them as well...
:laughings:Pretty much !
I sometimes find myself chucking away honey jars, plastic tubs etc. But I'll usually give it a year or so
so that I can at least say, well, they weren't used for a year......
Some boxes might be kept, but only because they can be used to send items when they've been sold on Ebay and they're kept specifically with particular items on sale in mind. I'm a real anti-horder, in the real physical world or in cyberspace.

From the moment I first heard of that instrument, I thought it was the most ethereal and beautiful name, regardless of what it sounded like !
Elka Rhapsody.......:listeningmusic:

At the time mellotron's were the awesome thing and then these came out and though certainly limited and the pianos sounded pretty bad..the clavichord ( Lucy in the sky with diamonds through a leslie) was cool and the strings ran through a phaser or echo chamber awesomely deluxe. The thing was built very nicely with some minor design flaws...the sliders were shit and knobs broke off way to easily

Mine sat for 20 years unused and when I plugged it in to try it ...nothing...:( I took it apart and stared at it looking for a fuse or something but too no avail couldn't resurrect it. Conversely my Roland SH3 bought at the same time fired up and continues to fire up 45 years later.

The contacts had a lot of gold on them in the Elka but I ended up just donating it to the goodwill...

Here's a video of me using it with the sh3 in 1976..

Yep they used to call me Mot...

Funny what 3 years a new bass player, drummer and a little cocaine can do...Hollywood Palladium 1979

Better version but the original drummer was so freeking magical and tasty... he got snatched up by a band we shared a rehearsal place with that got signed by "Satellite records" Never heard of them? And you won't cause they were bullshit..The Band was called Yankee Rose ( Yep Van Halen named a song after them) Have to admit they were a great band but they sucked stealing Fat Food...(drummers nick name)

Last edited:
At the time mellotron's were the awesome thing
Possibly my favourite instrument of all time. Such a crazy idea, such a variety of wonderful sounds ! I love stories about things like this that were intended one way but were utilized in a way its creator never foresaw.

Back