Thoughts On Music Videos

Good luck with it. A little creativity can go a long ways on a budget video. If you don't have money to spend on lighting, natural light works great.

Yeah....I had my hand in some studio set lighting for a bit, and I did a good deal of camera work, live and outdoors, so I learned how to use what I had available.

We may have some access to a pro theater stage (I provide IT support to the theatre)...so we have some shots we want to do on the stage and I should be able to get the theater guys to provide a bit of decent stage lighting for the shots.
I have no idea who will be on camera when both of us are in the shot but she has some pro video people on tap who shoot commercials and even some music vids....so as long as we can get the logistics coordinated, it should be pretty good.

We're mostly going to go for performance shots, you know, just us doing the song in front of a mic and whatnot, and then mix in some other footage with it in spots. There won't be any choreography and elaborate sets! ;)

Then I'll most likely do the actual video editing and audio sync with the studio mixes.
I have an older Canon digital tape camera with a really good lens on it, and also a small Sony that I've used a few times....so we have something to start with.

I'm mixing the two songs this weekend...so I think any time after that we will start getting things together for the videos.
Next to audio, I loved working with video....camera work and editing...and I even got to direct a couple small productions back in the late '90s....so this will be fun.
Heck, If I could find a multimedia gig that paid as well as my IT gig....I would go back to that work in a flash. IT is a real boring drag when you're not a geek. :D

If done right it defiantly adds a new feeling to the track. for the most part though I see a lot of people focus on the music and rush the video :-(

Back