WTC attacks song-NEW!!!!

thank you

thanks for listening.

i didnt want to comment on anything during the disagreement that was going on in this thread. but i am glad to see that things can actually be settled through the use of words, rather than force. thank you for that.
about the clip in the song- "god may show you mercy", im not sure when he said it, but it was senator john mccain. the man who tried running for president.

I had another listen, and just wanted to let you know, that I'm still enjoying your tune. You had asked earlier about getting the sound clips "clean". I just used some noise reduction plugins, and cleaned them up cooledit pro, and tried to eq and pump them up with the waves stuff too. however, I thought that the AM quality of your clips helps the sound in your song, I thought...It gave it another sound dimension, which I think works. Noticed the backwards cymbals again too...Still love those gtrs at the end.

Hey bro...

spacedye said:
thanks for listening.

i didnt want to comment on anything during the disagreement that was going on in this thread. but i am glad to see that things can actually be settled through the use of words, rather than force. thank you for that.
about the clip in the song- "god may show you mercy", im not sure when he said it, but it was senator john mccain. the man who tried running for president.

Spacedye,

I hope I didn't divert from the attention, by challenging felix's response...

Words are indeed powerful, which was my point: "use them wisely and be encouraging or constructive"...

Your tune deserved more than it had been given...

Thanks for allowing time for it to be resolved...

Now, back to your awesome song...!

Peace,

Scott

hey no problem. i think that controversy sometimes is a good thing. i think i like the fact that someone is talking about my song, even if the conversation had nothing to do with the song. something is better than nothing. i just hope more people give it a listen.
mixmkr,
the guitars at the end also have a very loud cello type thing playing with them. maybe thats why they sound so heavy. i am now looking into plugins for cleaning up wav files. can you suggest any?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/spacedye.htm

Sorry I can't speak too much about overall production because I'm at work listening with headphones (Good monitors at home, but only a 56k modem - T3 at work, but only headphones :rolleyes: )

The innocent
Very powerful. The major issue I found was the sound of that sample based piano. It's the central instrument of the piece and the playing is great, but it sounds a bit canned (SQ-1?). This tune really requires a rich nature sounding piano - and more forward in the mix. Even better would be a real piano. Also I would bring up the drums more, and fade out the guitars a little sooner in order to bring back a few more bars of the piano at the end.

Forever at Sea
I think the radio transmissions should be edited more to tell a real tale here and the music should more dramatically support the events. The one transmission at 1:54 "...we've lost vertical control of our airplane" begs for a dramatic turn in the music. Maybe bring in that change that happens a 4:11 or one of your heavy guitar sounds. And I would take bit of artistic license and make this the final word from the airplane. After a heavy musical interlude the next radio transmission I would bring in is the one that occurs at 3:30 "Fire with smoke." The arpeggio playing which starts at 4:11 is a bit sloppy. I like the Trip-hop beats, but they sound very "Acidized" if you now what I mean.

Stir
I like the basic form but the guitar playing (style and sound) just does not fit at all. I would also change the instrumentation a little to better differentiate this tune from Forever at Sea.

Excellent work spacedye! :D

Have to get back to work. later,

barefoot

barefoot, thanks for the listen....
i am going to give your thoughts on "the innocent" a try and see how it sounds. yes, i am using an SQ-1. its all i got, cant do anything about not having a real piano. LOL....

forever at sea- this needs to be rerecorded by me now that i kind of know what im doing a bit more. ill consider your thoughts again on this.

stir-im not sure what you mean by differentiate this tune from "forever". could you explain this a bit more please? do you mean it is the same sounding song or style? or something else?

also, where can i listen to some of your stuff. i think i lost where you posted that link last.

thanks again...

spacedye said:
stir-im not sure what you mean by differentiate this tune from "forever". could you explain this a bit more please? do you mean it is the same sounding song or style? or something else?
Yeah, I think they sound too similar to one another. Very similar instrumentation, key, and radio transmission theme. I like it, but I think it needs to be mixed up some more.

also, where can i listen to some of your stuff. i think i lost where you posted that link last.

Here's my NowhereRadio link: http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists...6/singles.shtml
Not much up there yet. I guess I need to burn some tunes to disc and bring them to work. It takes me forever to upload stuff from home.

barefoot

any other input on my tune from anyone?
i am awaiting my new delta 1010 soundcard to arrive so i can make a few changes to the song.

Back