wanted to see what people thought of my songs

traciiroxx

Hey, ive never posted anything here before, just wanted to see what people thought of my songs. A couple of things to note, I know I can't sings, but i dont know anyone who does, so I was forced to sing on all of these songs myself, I apologize for that in advance. Another thing, everything was recorded using only a Shure SM-57 through a tascam 414 as a preamp, and then to cakewalk. And all the drums are synthed through Cakewalk. All my songs are available at http://traciiroxx.tripod.com/interest.htm
I think the best of those are "Clouded Times", and "Wasteland". "Angel" is a simple rock ballad. Just check out whatever you feel like. I'm not too concerned about that quality of the recording, mainly just the quality of the song. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you just want comments on the song.....you need to post in the songwriters forum.
This is the MP3 forum and folks are absolutely gonna comment on the recording and the playing.

Listened to Angel and it was hard to get past the singing and the out of time drums.......very out of time.
The song might could be decent but as it is...................not too good...sorry.

Listened to Wasteland

Nice intro, mix was pretty good. Viscous guitar sound. Vocals sort of sat on top of the mix instead of in it. Really bad plosion early on.

Rocking chorus, this song works. Get the vocals sitting deeper in the mix.

Some wonky basslines here and there.

My high school band teacher used to tell us that there's only two parts of a song that the audience remembers, the beginning and the end. There was some serious slag at the start, and the ending just cuts off out of nowhere. A little attention here would go a long way.

Hey man, I listened to all the songs on your website.

Songwriting: I'd venture to say you're not that old so I won't comment on the lyrics which seemed a little basic. Angel sounds like a poison rip-off, and that's a bad thing...a really bad thing. The best of the tunes was wasteland but that bring me to my next point.......I think you have definite potential as a guitar player, heard some decent hooks in there, but you should have to do something about the singing, it's way out. Either find a range that you can actually sing in or find a singer. Nice guitar playing though.

Wasteland....painful to listen to, for so many reasons. The timing, the singing. As far as the songwriting goes, the song has very little variety and changeups. I had to stop it halfway.

Clouded times....same thing. repetitive tune, horrible singing. Very juvenile lyrics.

God help your neighbors if you're jamming this shit in your garage

God help your friends if you make them listen to this.

Back