"The time, is magic."

GONZO-X

here's a clip, that shows the tone you can get in Position #4 on the vintage white strat, with a Bill Lawrence 500L Humbucker and a middle position L280 pickup together, along with a Q filter on the tone control, that varies the inductance on the pickup(s)

rig shot:
stratandrigju0.jpg

Your tone is GREAT and your playing makes me sick!!!!! Cool groove...neat sound fx...... your playing makes me sick

Sounds really cool! It kind of reminds me of a Peter Gabriel song with a guitar solo. I really dig the drum sound. It's got that sweet pop compression. Awesome tone. Great job!

maximus
thanks man....
no, not showing off...
these kinds of things are my favorites to do, they're more like....'vibe' pieces.
short and sweet.
they require almost no forethought, not much prep, kinda like one-offs, so definitely not something that would be a well-crafted 'show-off' piece..
but thanks for that sentiment all the same!

klutzee
appreciate it man, and take some tums.
heheh

squibble
glad you dig this one....
the drums (Sony ACID) definitely had an old school vibe to them, that's why i chose that particular set..
i'm trying now, to find a similar sounding set out of my toontracks Superior Drummer setup.

Great playing. Loved the bass sound. Loved the lead tone - cool reverb on it.

Bass might be a bit too strong? Sounded like it might be.

What are the crackles at :05? Some more similar stuff in other sections. Some percussive track. Sounded a bit grating on the ears.

Loved that weird thing on the left side at 1:05.

tripleM
thanks for listening....
yeah, the bass was really the most fun part to play.
very bouncy, kinda reminds me of an old stevie wonder tune

the crackles are all ambient noises and synth sounds, like turntable spins and stuff like that.
it should be real clear in your monitors..... what are you using for a playback system?

squibble
no miced amps...... no mics at all.

all done with the gear seen in the pic...
mesa boogie mark2b, palmer pdi-09 is the capture source, weber mass lite attenuator, avatar cab with heritage celestion used as the monitor, and the custom strat.

smelly
thanks man, glad you liked it.
more drums.... i know, everybody has a different request, the guitar players always want more guitar!
heheh
thanks again...

Back