Tear this song apart for me please

Made me move my head in a bang-like fashion :)

I'm listening through nasty earplugs, the sound is a bit sharp to my ears, but that might be the earplugs.
I do like the way the voice fits in the mix, makes me think of faith no more and guns and roses :)

Good work!

absolutely awesome dude

Wow that is a f**king awesome guitar tone man! What did you use??..Love the drums too - are those real drums, btw? I only ask because right at the start there is a tom fill that sounds a little ezdrummer like. In all fairness, this song truly rocks man...

Kind of reminds of cross between audioslave and creed....

Bloody great job mate! On my headphones, can't really notice any problems...

Damn, that rocks!

cheers,
ben.

Thanks a lot guys!
The guitars are a 71 Les Paul Recording, through a Boogie MkIIC+. The cab is the matching Boogie 4X12 with 2 V30s (new) and 2 original Celestions. (can't remember the model)
I miked one of each kind of speaker, using a sm57 and a 57A. Everything went into the computer through my 80s Allen and Heath System 8 mixer, into 2 Delta 1010s.

The drums are real indeed, other than a farly quiet snare sample drumagog'd in to add some brightness. Not sure if it's the snare or me but despite a ton of experimenting I couldn't get the damn top snare mic to sound like much other than like a short BAHHH
The drums are a brand new DW custom birch kit

I used $30 Naiant omnis as overheads and a Rode NT1 as room mic. My setup is pretty budget...

i like it! maybe, just to give it more of a dynamic edge, spreadout the toms even more. that would be something to experiment with. it sound great though.

hmm. It sounds really good. It seems the toms are a little boomy and clicky. My first impression is that there is a little too much click in the upper mids and that the low end could come down a bit. Just the toms though. I guess I just said the same thing twice.

I wouldn't change anything else.

Nice guitar tone!
Nice sounding vocals!

I think this tune would benefit from some nice deep bass heavy toms, kinda like found on the Black Album;-)

Definitely a commercial ring to this.
Good Job man.

Thanks for sharing.

DD

EDIT: Got a name for the tune? Tis a keeper.

I really like this. It reminds me of Creed. The drummer (I hope these aren't programmed, because I will feel like an a**) is amazing! I hear some slight variants in the playing that I don't think could/would be done with programmed drums, so I am gonna say they're live. The guitar has a really nice tone, and is very well played. The vocals in the beginning with the kind of fuzz type effect on them sounded cool, but I had a hard time understanding the words. Maybe they could be brought up? I don't know. Don't do it unless another person on here says the same, because I really don't trust my opinion alone. Great song! Keep it up!

-Adam.

Thanks guys, I will definitely work on the vox as you mentioned.

DD: The song is called Slider, if you want to check out more from the band, the website is http://www.sittinidol.com
Support your fellow Canadians hehe
Cheers
Rick Hatch
Sittin' Idol

I really like this. It reminds me of Creed. The drummer (I hope these aren't programmed, because I will feel like an a**) is amazing! I hear some slight variants in the playing that I don't think could/would be done with programmed drums, so I am gonna say they're live. The guitar has a really nice tone, and is very well played. The vocals in the beginning with the kind of fuzz type effect on them sounded cool, but I had a hard time understanding the words. Maybe they could be brought up? I don't know. Don't do it unless another person on here says the same, because I really don't trust my opinion alone. Great song! Keep it up!

-Adam.

Nope he's real, at least last time I checked!

sounds great! only minor adjustments that i would make if it were me.

- i would adjust the kick so it cuts through better but with less "squeak" that you get from eq'ing too much. maybe a sample.
- same goes with the toms, but not as much. they sound awesome, but i think they'd sound better for this style of music with more attack and less low end "flab"

Back