shit

'really enjoyed this...
I spent many many hrs sittin around the house or on the porch listening to an old gibson 45 and a friend doing exactly what you were doing. I still cherish every minute of it today, and would pull one of my own teeth to have it on tape or disk. thanks fella :)

Last edited:
i think that "intro" drags on a bit before it builds into something...other than that i really enjoyed it....definitely some good ol' fronch porch playing......:)

Cool drop-D---Reminds me of a lazy summer day-I like the way it builds gradually-takes me right onto the porch with ya.Good playing-nice tone.

Since all you put for the topic was shit...I really wanted to put a post up that just said crap......thought that would be funny.....but I can't 'cause I likes it a lot.
Like Toki, Gidge and Stratman said...it takes you and puts you on that front porch and I really like that a lot. Nice playing and a nice recording. I especially like it at about 3 minutes when it gets going.

I'll get all of you at once. Thanks for the listen and the comments. So now the shit. Some of my boys usually come over on Monday nite, so I get the basement good and warm, get the snacks out (munchies, he he he), and have me a few beers, tune up my guitar, get the casio out, set up a few mics, just general piddeling around. Well no one has shown by 7pm, but they have come as late as 8. So I have a few more beers, and pre-munchie material, and listen to some tunz, reading some manuals. So now it's 8 and I'm feeling a real good buzz working. So I grab the Martin and started screwing around, and decided to tune down just to see what it sounded like in the phones. I was running a v67 so hot, it could tell my temp, and the Martin was ringging so nice, I recorded this. One take. Dry. Turned out pretty nice. I'll keep it, and when the boys are by I'll let them listen to it, so they can see what they missed. So there. Bye Bye.

dtb

Oh. and Lt. You know how funny that would have been? I would have completelly understood. he he he he

That's some pretty nice shit there. Good pickin' man.

*Jagular mumbles something about getting guitar lessons...and quick

SHIT!!!!!!!

SHITTTTTT:mad:

:D :D :D :D ...I dug the the fuck outta that brutha dtb! That's some "kool" shit my man.

poo

Dats what ole' Red gots up ta do, Butts oinley afta he finish listenin' to dis fine tunage.
snort, snort..

hehehe:rolleyes:

Jag, W, Dav, mix, thanks fellows. It was as much fun to do, as it is to read your responses.

Now all together; SHIT!

dtb

SHIT

I just wanted to do that before Chris did.Even though he'll probably just come back with a size=20 and color it red

:D

Beautiful guitar my man. I wish I was on the river with my fly rod right now listening to this. Way to not waste time eh? Nice stuff. Hey I don't know how familiar you are with my acoustic stuff, but I'm thinking of trying out a few Martin's. Do you think I'd benefit? Sounds like I might. I think I need a deeper body.

This song seriously makes me want to go to the river. Thanks!

poo poo!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!:D damn dan, this sounds real sweet!!
u have a vibe all your own!!!!! just better and better!! Every time i listen to one of your tune's, i really want august to get HERE!!:D can't wait!! i caught your blue grass jam too!! You are a true music man!!! i dig it!! "see if i can find it" hehe way to much fun!!!

thank's dan!!

peace

Rick

SLuiCe, thanks man. cool. advice about the guitar. play as many as possible, and when you pick out a model, then play as many as they have. when I got mine we picked it out of 5 brand new ones, that had just been delivered. I'm sure this is true for all wooden instruments. mine is a HD28. I had always wanted the D28, since my early years of following bluegrass. It seemed to be the "rule" to have a D28. It took me 28 years. But I finially got one. If you have access to playing used ones, that could be the ticket. thanks again.

rick, as always, thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I can't wait til Aug. either. drummers! that's what I'm talking about.

dtb

Back