Puddle Jumping

Bristol Posse

Okey Dokey
This is a new song I'm wokring on but I have lost all objectivity about mixing it
Thought I'd throw it up here and see if anyone has any thoughts about it

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9603714

It's kind of a work in progress and I'm not sure I even like the title. It's probably going to need to have the volume cranked as its just the raw un volume pushed mix

Thanks for taking a look

Last edited:
Interesting tune. It sounds more abstract than pop to me. The vocals don't sit well in the mix to me for some reason. The volume is good, but they just seems odd or something. Drums could be a little louder if you wanted, but I can hear them just fine. The rest of the stuff sounds good to me.

Weird song man. LOL :p

Interesting tune. It sounds more abstract than pop to me. The vocals don't sit well in the mix to me for some reason. The volume is good, but they just seems odd or something. Drums could be a little louder if you wanted, but I can hear them just fine. The rest of the stuff sounds good to me.

Weird song man. LOL :p

Yeah, You're right about the vox
I have a push pull thing going on with the eq in the air frequencies wher one EQ is pushing htem up and the other one is pulling them back down. I think that combined with a Major Tom compressor is making it feel pinched or something.

I'm going to try something different on the next mixing session for this one

Thanks for taking a listen

Last edited:
yeah the vocals do sit on their own a bit....i think if they were down a bit in volume same with the guitar at around 1:20...not much but just have them sitting before you bring the loudness up...the drums sounded a little in the middle, you know just like 50% either side where you've got the guitars panned quite extreme...either bring them in a little or move the drums wider

I think most of what needs tweak is volume levels...got a very english sound to it, Im not sure if you know a band called the Bees from the isle of wight? but youve got a bit of their sound in there...which I really like

yeah the vocals do sit on their own a bit....i think if they were down a bit in volume same with the guitar at around 1:20...not much but just have them sitting before you bring the loudness up...the drums sounded a little in the middle, you know just like 50% either side where you've got the guitars panned quite extreme...either bring them in a little or move the drums wider

Hey that's a nice idea about wideing out the drums for the bridge part, I'm going to give that a try when I fire up the gear again after I take a break this weekend

got a very english sound to it, Im not sure if you know a band called the Bees from the isle of wight? but youve got a bit of their sound in there...which I really like

Well depite my current So California residence I grew up in England and actually got dragged by my parents on "Holiday" to the Isle of wight once when I was a kid.
Never heard of the Bees though, I'll have to check them out

i agree with the earlier comments...vox are too out front...
The dirty guitar was too fuzzy for me kinda like a box of bees...very interesting and original style though!!

Thanks to all so far for taking a listen

I found out what the problems with the drums were. They were straight down the middle. I do all my level setting in mono and I panned the guitars and keys and backing vox but completely spaced on panning the drums and they were left in mono after I set the levels. so that's an easy fix.
Vox I'm gonna work on next week and have a different approach in mind for them on the next go around

Thanks again for the comments

Sounds good. I think you need to take some off the 200HZ out of the vocals. That should clear them up a lot. The actual song is catchy. Good job.

Last edited:
nice BP....sits together much better now...and doesnt feel so narrow at parts, or that might be my imagination..vocals sit in well...

it still very very English which I like...this is a really solid effort...more please

btw what are you using for the "oooos" ?

good work, nice composition and song writing too

btw what are you using for the "oooos" ?

The OOOOOs are from a Sony sound library that came free with my ACID DAW. I just sliced 'em, diced em and re tuned em to be what I wanted
The Aaaahs are me

New song coming soon (Work permitting) inspired by my recent trip to Dublin and all the accoustic strummy music I heard while I was there

Back