Please listen and give some review about the MIX

Hi,

I think it sounds pretty good. You're close, to me it just needs a little work on adjusting the relative volume levels of the drums, bass, and guitars. The guitars sound great, but they are too loud in the mix. I'd bring the drums and bass up, get them slamming to drive the mix, and I think that will help overall. The vocals sound clear, and I think the levels on those are pretty good, especially if the guitars come down some.

Best Regards,

Dave DeWhitt
SoundClick artist: Dave DeWhitt - page with MP3 music downloads

Thanx !
So, u think I need to bring the drums and bass up a little bit, and pull the guitar down a bit ?
and.....becuz I'm also the guitarist of this band.....so when I mix....somehow I concentrate more on the guitar tracks...hahaha :D
anyway, thanx for the advice, I'll try to tweak it more.....:cool:

becuz I'm also the guitarist of this band
Yep, I am a guitar player too, and it is a constant battle for us guitar players to mix without overpowering everything else with the guitars. Your guitars sound great in this, so that's good, but you want to whole mix to sound great, so get those levels balanced and I promise you it will sound better once you get used to it.

Best,

Dave
SoundClick artist: Dave DeWhitt - page with MP3 music downloads

理想你想 I listened to the top one 理想你想
Cool compression/echo in the guitar(s). I'd probably give the drums a wee bit more volume to emphasize the snare.
The vocals are a bit low, in that I can't define what he's saying. Not sure that's an issue. The drop after the telephone vocal is sweet. Very nice - minor mix changes IMHO.

OK OK
thanx~
I'll tweak it more....
anyway, the song is in mandarin tho....so....don't bother what he's singing....haahhaha
but, how bout the songs arrangement ? I mean, beside the mix.....the whole songs

I think it's close too... perhaps just bring the guitars down a touch, I don't think they're too loud by much...

Only other thing I'd pick on is the hi hats, in the noisier passages they sound a bit crushed...

I only listened to the first tune. Great riifage. Good stuff.

great guitar and vocal! nice mix and performance.. good work!

I'd bring up the bass and especially the drums...drums seem very lost

ok, thanx guys.....
to Armistice : about the hi hats, I use ezdrummer on all our songs, and one problem I got is, the overhead part.....they sound nice and crisp, but just lack of the attack feeling....the attack sound of the drumstick hit the brass....I dunno if I havent tweak it right yet or they just dont have that "realness".....all I got is the high smooth crisp sound

Lots of good things going on musically, nice work! Definitely room for improvement on the mix, but it's nowhere near terrible. As far as the drums go, how much eq are you putting on them? I'm unfamiliar with how ezdrummer's stuff sounds, but on this recording they seem really scooped out. They could actually work though with a different guitar tone and slightly differently treated vocals. What did you do for the guitars? Mic'd or Amp Sim?

To : Steve
I actually didn't put much EQ on the drums, only boost some body and highs of the snare, and same with the kick, then I use parallel compression on them.....oh..and the overheads, I boost some highs on them too....so, I didn't scooped the EQ at all....
I mic my guitar.....didn't like the line in sound
so, all 4 tracks have drums problem ?
thanx ~

As a guitar hero pretender myself this sounds great... but the drums and vocal are getting buried by the (very nice) guitar mids. When you compress the shit out of everything the guitars always win, and the drums lose. Use savage EQ to cut a path for the guitars in a compressed mix... or just mix them lower...

Back