please give feedback on mix

The playing is really on the beginner level and so is the recording.I dont know really what to suggest.....the melody line and chord progression of the song "Tina' is a complete RIP-OFF of the Stevie Ray Vaughn song "Lenny" who he wrote for HIS wife(I noticed you said you wrote it for your wife:eek: ).....the other tune sounds like like a casio keyboard drum machine with a guitar player just hitting notes at random with a massive amount of delay on it......dont know what to say man.

Last edited:
Man, after Kramer's ringing endorsement, I really wanted to hear this...link's not working for me.

:(

Keep trying,
-chris

The recording's better than the playing. kramer kinda covered all the problems. I don't want to be too negative 'cause you're right....this is how you learn. I think where I'd work the hardest right now is on the playing. try to get it a little more structured. I'd also turn down some of the delay. The guitar seemed too trebly to me, especially on Tina. keep at it man....you'll get there.

I'd like to listen and maybe offer some advice. But I can't stream audio at work. And this site requires a registration to download, which I don't like to do.

Sorry.

Just listened to "Get Picker" -- actually this was the only tune on there.

Not a bad song to do as an instrumental, but, and this is only my opinion since I am not by any means great at recording or anything, what I would suggest would be to lower that reverb a lot -- it kind of gets distracting and doesn't really work on the tune -- imho --

The drums could use a bit of a boost in the mix, and maybe bring out the bass a bit. There were a few timing issues as well, but I kind of think that this could be attributed to the reverb issue. Take out the verb and record this dry, and then maybe add a bit of verb when you mix down, but not too much, and you may have something.

Nice start, but with a bit of tweaking I think you'll find a better sound...

Just my humble $.02 ...

I listened to "Picker".

It sounds like you're kinda hiding behind effects. That delay git takes away from the good playing you did and highlights the clams and flubs.

Your "feel" for the music is evident. Let that feel grow with real playing and leave the effects alone till you're happy with the dry mix.

The song is certainly worth your effort. You have a good seed. Now, water it with practice and creativity and let the effects work FOR you not INSTEAD of you.:)

You're on your way.......!!!

Peace,

Theron.

Back