Pickle Jar Tabla...The song continues

Beezoboy

Home Recording Guru
Well I have doubled the length of the song and I have pretty much the complete framework of the song. I have kept the framework of the song the same in the second section. Here is whats left to add.

I want to do a VOCODED vocal part in there that is talking and comes in once every so often. It will just be a word like "Tabla" but in a robotic voice. I am having a hard time with finding an instrument that vocodes well enough with my voice. Maybe I am not doing it right?

I want to add a Piano in there at places. I haven't figured out how or where but I have this cool piano sample I have been dying to use. (Let me know of you hear a place it could go - Ending?)

I am going to bring the sitar in again at the end and let it do some cool stuff. Don't know what yet.

Last possibility is a female vocal doing Asian Indian sounding vocal improv. Now to just find a chick that can do that.

Let me know what you think,
Beezoboy

P.S. Will someone give me a star? I have never had one and don't know how to just give myself one.

I remember this. It's coming along. What instrument are you using for your vocorder. I've found that stuff with a lot of square waves tends to work well. If you're using a guitar voice....put some distortion on it. Or if it's keys....try a trumpet or distorted guitar voice.

Hell..........I'll give you three stars. :D

very neat-o. The string pads that came in, need something.. to bland to me, in context of all the other neat stuff you got going. Plus, I think it takes up a lot of space in your mix.

dill or sweet?

Huge improvements ,dude!!Great for a headphone jones!

...hehehehe...you said dill...

chick idea?I am totally feelin that...good luck

It would be so easy to put stuff over this, I wonder why you posted it again unfinished.. sounds too mid- bassy or something, and the snare type sound is too crunchy for me..
If you can find an Indian girl to do vocals, go for it! otherwise I would just finish it already.. nice rhythm bed.. (but too bassy)

Hey Beez....
Im listening at work, so im not gonna comment on mix. ....Sounds cool though:) . Yeah, the indian chic vocals would sit cool in this. A big splash of Heavy guits might sound cool in this as a sporadic burst of ear-candy. Cool tune-in-the-makin' man.

g

Sounds really mid-bass heavy as sam mentioned.Drums almost sound like they are distorting even though they arent that loud.The roar of the bass is too much.

Cool song though.

Well ok...but...this song is supposed to have lots of bass. It is Electronic music.

B. Sabbath - The reason it is taking so long is because I am sampling everything myself. Every sound you heard has been altered by me. I am almost exclusively using old analog synth patches except for the strings.

Kramer - Would you tell me the time where you hear that and maybe I can explain to you what it happening or catch the mistake myself. In the begginging the drum gets processed and at one point does sound like it is clipping, after that the only thing I know of that might clip is that bass thump that comes in every once and a while, and then at the very end of the song is the same sound.

The only bass in this song comes from the Pickle Jar and the very first melodic layer at 45s and the occasional bass hit. The rest has no strong low frequencies to speak of. You can still hear the bass drum right? So that means it isn't in the mud of too many lows in that frequency area?

Well if you guys wouldn't mind, would you tell me the time where you think the bass needs some taming.

just got around to listening to this. i like it. did you really tabla on a pickle jar? if so, that's some fine work.

this reminds me of 'shaking the tree' by peter gabriel.

Back